• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trevor Gillies gets 10 game suspension

spearchucker

10 games for hit to Clutterbuck. I thought he may sit a little longer after just coming off a 9 games suspension.

That was thug play by Gilles. The NHL got the wording right when announcing the decision to suspend him again, they just wimped out on doling out the right punishment.

First off, I am a Wild fan. I am not a Clutterbuck fan. Until he shuts his yap, quits his little weasel cheap shots and acts like a tough guy with that mask on, he will continue to be a target.

The suspension was about right.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

A player that does that should be banned from ever playing that team again. That would be a quick cure to thug plays like that.

First off, I am a Wild fan. I am not a Clutterbuck fan. Until he shuts his yap, quits his little weasel cheap shots and acts like a tough guy with that mask on, he will continue to be a target.

The suspension was about right.

What cheap shots? The guy doesn't have many penalties at all? He is not known as a dirty player.

Clutterbuck should have been suspended too. His hit from behind was just as bad as Gillies.

Clutterbuck should have been suspended too. His hit from behind was just as bad as Gillies.

No way. It was a boarding call and that was it. There was no intent to injure by Clutterbuck. If you watch the replay you can see that as he was playing the puck he turned his back right before Clutterbuck got there. As soon as he turned his back he let up or he could have really nailed him in a bad position. Another difference was Clutterbuck didn't have the puck when he got hit.

No, he is not known as a dirty player, mainly, because if he had to fight, he would get waxed. He is known as a weasel, and carries very little to no respect.

I don't believe Clutterbuck is a weasel or a cheap shot. He finishes his checks which is part of the game. I don't recall seeing him run anyone that doesn't have the puck or just made a pass. He also takes hits dished out by others and gets back in the play.

I only watch the play on U-tub@. I thought the susupension was pretty stiff but if Gillies has a habit of taking cheap shots like this... he probably had it coming.

Too bad Boogaard isn't on the team anymore. Would love to see these two tee it up some time.

It would be a steep penalty if he wasnt a usual suspect. I dont want to see guys get hurt, but honestly I am surprised CC doesnt get ran more. CC isnt all that cheap, sometimes he exploits the rules. Hits a lot of guys when it doesnt even matter. But that is fine. Its the way he plays and he has to know it ticks guys off.

I didnt watch a ton of replays, but I though CC's hit was pretty dirty and maybe warranted a retaliation. If someone hit Bouchard like CC hit that guy, everyone one of you would be mad.

CC plays by the rules. He finishes checks. Just because it doesn't cause a turnover or goal every time, it still makes people try to get rid of the puck faster and eventually causes people to make mistakes. His game isn't just "lets try to rack up hits."

He plays the game about as clean as you can when you lead the league in hits three years in a row. He's got under 200 penalty minutes in his career. He's not a dirty player.

Oh, by the way, how many goals does he have this year, 18? How does he not get respect? Yeah he trash talks, but who doesn't in the league. Watch the game. Everyone is running their mouths.

As for the fighting. No one should have to fight for making a clean check. This isn't soccer. If you don't like getting hit, go figure skating.

let's face it, not all CC checks are clean, he leaves his feet alot and some are pretty late and some are a little from behind. Does he try to hurt players? No, does he retaliate? not really. In the heat of competetion, if I were Gillies and I saw CC hit my guy like that, I would have done the same thing and probably more. Like I said in an earlier post, just the fact that they dressed Gillies was for that EXACT reason.. No one on the Wild would ever fight Gillies and they know that so the ONLY reason was to go after CC.. Why else would a 2nd liner and 4th liner be on the ice together so much..

Gillies did his job and that is why we need a heavywieght enforcer so our 18 goal scorers don't get run like that..

I agree 100% with fishing tech. I'd rather watch a team full of Clutterbuck's, hustleing on every play and finishing their checks than the Gaborik kind where they skate around center ice until the Clutterbucks on the team,take the hits, dig the puck out and pass it to them for their highlight reel breakaway. His work ethic is what gets the respect of his coaches and teammates. Reminds me a lot of high school and college games. Get rid of the attempt to injure shots and fights. Sit them a month without pay. Clean checks are part of the game. Giving a guy an elbow to the head at 10 MPH isn't. If they need to fight have them join the UFC and get off the ice.

Rob

No, he is not known as a dirty player, mainly, because if he had to fight, he would get waxed. He is known as a weasel, and carries very little to no respect.

hahaha

I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree with everything said here

Gillies did his job and that is why we need a heavywieght enforcer so our 18 goal scorers don't get run like that..

His job was to get suspended? The guy is a liability. If you want a fighter, you need one that can play hockey too.

Why else would a 2nd liner and 4th liner be on the ice together so much..

I think Gillies made it 1 or 2 shifts before being kicked out. I don't think they were on the ice more than a shift or 2.

Clutterbuck wasn't at practice yesterday because of an "upper body injury." Hope it isn't concussion symptoms, but I will bet it is.

can we trade a Staubitz 10 game suspension for a win tonight??? I would gladly trade..

can we trade a Staubitz 10 game suspension for a win tonight??? I would gladly trade..

Hey, he got an assist finally.