• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anthony Randolph

Scott K

I think AR will grow to be a part the the Wolves. He has a great upside. Curry, I dont see him suiting up in a Wolves uniform.

Quote:
Anthony Randolph was traded to the Wolves on Monday as a part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.

He has freaky physical attributes, and for that reason alone he could be worth a look in 12-team leagues if you're willing to live with the chance he rots on Kurt Rambis' bench. GM David Kahn said that he envisions him as an athletic 4/5 to play behind Darko Milicic, and as long as Rambis doesn't give him the Kevin Love treatment that's exactly what he'll do. A reasonable upside scenario for him probably includes 25 mpg and a versatile stat line.

Quote:
The Eddy Curry Era ended in New York on Monday, as he was traded to the Wolves in the Carmelo Anthony trade.

New York sent over $3 million in cash with him to cover his last few paychecks, and Knicks fans have to be going bonkers knowing that the man who signed him, Isiah Thomas, is still calling shots for New York. This will likely be the last we hear of Curry in the NBA.

I think the AR trade was a no risk high reward for the Wolves. AR has been riding the bench in NY, so you cant go off of his per game stats. It looks like we gave up Corey Brewer, in which his contract was up after this year, and we wouldnt have signed him anyway, and received AR, and Curry, +3 million to buy out Curry's contract so he wont use a bench spot with us. AR has a few years on his contract, so we have some time to see what he is capable of doing. This was a no brainier trade for the Wolves, last summer we were going to trade Love or a first round pick to get AR, but we only ended up giving up Brewer. Before AR went to NY, he showed some promise of being good, lets hope he still has that!

right now with the wolves giving up nothing to get a glimmer of hope is worth it, darko last year worked out ok hes no all star but better then he has been with any other team

Contraction would be a good idea at this point. The league is going downhill, ticket prices are too high and the players make too much, stars won't stay with teams anymore. Then there are the fixes, how does LA get Gasol for Kwame Brown and our lottery luck?

Brewer for Randolph. I never heard of Randolph. I'm guessing that he is 6-8 athletic, but can't pass, shoot or play basketball.

Where is McFail when you need him. Rambis and Kah eek n

I'm glad the trade was amended so they don't pay on Curry and don't give up a pick. Randolph is intriguing. Kahn loves him. He has a ton of potential, but never got the burn in NY. With all the time Fields is getting, you would have thought that Randolph would have played his way in if he was that good. I guess we'll see what he has to offer.

It's tough being irrelevant for so long. It's a dark situation for the Wolves. I wish KG would have stayed and we had a GM swing a trade to land players like Allen and Pierce here instead of him joining them there. But without Rondo it's not the same team. I swear, Minneapolis must be the most tortured fanbase, behind only Cleveland. The NBA is a point guards league, and we don't have one. The NFL is a passing QB league, and we don't have one. The NHL is a big point man's league, and we don't have one. MLB World Series champs have at least 2 shut down pitchers, we don't have one. What the heck are we supposed to cheer for here? Thank god we've got the fishing.

Scott while I agree with everything you said, I think the Wolves have an exciting future in store for them. I think Kahn has put some good potential talent on this team, sure it is potential, but atleast, they have potential! If we get a top 2 lottery pick this year, or at least pick up one superstar for this team, I think they are a contender. I was hoping the Nash rumors were true, I would love to see him lead the Wolves next year.

Just imagine ..this line up, Beasely, Love, Rubio (considering he turns out to be something, Randolph, then add in the others, we have a young team, if they do click, they could be good for many years! OK, I am done dreaming.

Nash would get them in the playoffs and he's loyal to a fault, but I don't see him coming here on his own. He's got one year left on his contract after this. I'd go to games if he was running the show.

The Wolves do need to get a veteran on the team for next year, Nash would have been perfect. I love the Wolves, and I am a huge fan. But I also am a band wagon fan. I keep track of every game whether they win or lose. But I dont go to more then one game a year when they are losing, and I dont waste to much of my time watching them on tv either.

They have stock piles of young talent and if Ricky comes next year that helps but we need a vet on this team and Darko isn't the vet we need laugh

I wasted 2 hours of my life tonight watching the T-Wolves play just to check out Randolph and Rambis doesn't even play him and let what little fan base is left even see him even though we are down 16 points...what gives.

Flynn is just terrible, even Jim Peterson was taking shots at his lack of ball handling for a supposed point guard.

They showed Kahn in the stands and he didn't look too thrilled, I bet we only win 3 more games all year.

Nash would be just one more guy that doesn't play any defense. Nobody on this team will D a guy up - including Love.

FI

yep, 2 in a row. I flipped them on during the Gophers game. I wish they would have played later than the Gophs so I didn't have to watch that putrid effort. Woffies looked good against a bad Pistons team. Love got to 20-20, Randolph had the minutes and a double double, bench went off, Flynn looked spectacular with 14 or 15 assists. If they played that way every night, they could be more like OKC.

They play just like what they are, a young team. We have talent on the team, I think next year, they either make the playoffs, or are close.

I find myself tuning in more and more to the Wolves. Nice to see the team still trying to find some right combinations.

at least the wolves aren't giving up on the season the way the Pistons looked....wow that was horrible!!! They did look like a good team last night but I think it had more to do with how bad the Pistons are playing right now!! I do think if the Wolves were to get say Harrison Barnes out of NC in the draft and trade the Ricky Rubio rights for a decent big man with Wes Johnson improving K Love and Beasley we have a good team...not great but they should win more games....Go WOLVES