• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesens Rocky Pt.

Buck_Hunter04

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra

• LOWinEYEin

• Fish Slayer

• marine_man

First time staying at Arnesons, and the first time staying in a sleeper that you take the bomber out. Trying to figure out what to pack do you need to take winter clothing? Do they have a way to communicate with them? My concern is both other trips I have stayed in a sleeper we had heating problems and dont want to freeze to death. Before we were able to drive out to the house so we could take a lot more gear. Thanks for the help.

First time staying at Arnesons, and the first time staying in a sleeper that you take the bomber out. Trying to figure out what to pack do you need to take winter clothing? Do they have a way to communicate with them? My concern is both other trips I have stayed in a sleeper we had heating problems and dont want to freeze to death. Before we were able to drive out to the house so we could take a lot more gear. Thanks for the help.

Arnesen's will check on you 2-3 times a day. Unless you have a verizon phone (in my experiance), you won't be able to contact them via a cell phone. They do have a back-up heater in their sleeper houses in case the main one breaks down.

Don't take too much clothing, storage is limited if you have 4 guys in the sleeper. The houses get pretty warm and like the other guy said, they have a back up heater. More important to have a flasher,a filet knife, some fish breading and canola than too many clothes. Woeking on year 5 with Arnesen's and every year the trip gets longer and the bag gets smaller, because you just don't need all the clothes...I would venture to say you will return to Arnesen's year after year from this point on...

Well sorry im late with my report but last weekend was really slow. Four of us arrived on Sat morning and we caught enough for a nice fish fry with almost all of the fish being saugers. I did manage one slot fish of 23.5". Sunday was absolutely dead hardly seeing a fish on the graph, but we caught a few walters 15" to 18" and a few jumbo perch for the bucket. Monday morning the fish were there but you really needed to work them. Red lindy flyere spoon was by far the best lure in the box but you absolutely needed a graph to get them to bite. Arnesons took good care of us putting us in a brand new house which was very nice except the space heater would not stay lit so they ended up moving another sleeper over next to us so we could use both houses. Top notch guys up there we will be back again next year. Good luck on the ice.

Took Babler's Road to 16 mile yesterday (Wednesday). Road was in excellent shape even with all the warm weather - no slush or cracks. The day was absolutely beautiful. Three of us fished outside with no gloves or heavy jacket needed. We fished in about 30-31 feet and fishing was great. The morning bite was constant and then slowed in the afternoon, but still continued to catch fish. Pink jig-o-bits with red hook, and white and gold rocker seemed to work best .

They do not provide a bubbler but to provide unlimited bait. I have never used a bubbler and have nver had problems with minneows if they start sucking air throw some snow in the pail or ice or change out the water. Less of a hassle this way.

Kind of quiet lately. Hows the fishing been out of Arneson's? Can't wait to get up there but boy's spring break from school not til 3/14.

Day 1 of 3.... a slower day just on the edge of 16 mile reef. Easily half the fish we caught today were nice sized white fish. 1 24" walleye this afternoon... ended up with an ok mix of walleye and sauger. Hopefully things will pick up tomorrow a bit.

marine_man

MM,

I'll take any action I can get when I get up there in two weeks! What did you catch the whitefish/tullibees on?

PS - thanks for the report!

Marine Man and I with our group didn't do anything special for whitefish typically walleye setups jigging spoons and set lines.

Day 2 of 3... pretty slow today... Wingnut moved us the other side of the reef and we ended up catching a few more saugers. Nothing huge... and not a lot of numbers. Seems like that was the case on 16 today... Great service by Arnesen's... as usual.

marine_man

Coming up To Arnesen's Thursday thru Sunday was hoping for a better report. Oh well at least we will get away. Fishin is better than working even when you don't catch allot.

Day 3 of 3...

The first part of the morning was pretty good... we caught decent numbers of fish despite the weather change on Tuesday morning. By 11:00 the fishing had all but shut down. We were on the south end of 12 mile reef. After 11:00 or so you could barely get the fish to come off the bottom... and if you did, the slightest twitch of your jig would be enough to send them back to the bottom. It was like that until we left around 3:00.

All in all we had a good trip, and came back with plenty of fish. Arnesen's continues to do an outstanding job.. thanks to Dino & Wingnut for great service again!

marine_man

Heading up this weekend for my first time to an Arneson's sleeper. Pretty excited!

Anyone have any current fishing conditions or predictions for the weekend?

Any new reports out of Arnesen's? I'm heading up on Sunday the 13th with my wife for her 1st trip.....

We fished in a sleeper from the 4th-6th, with a group of eight, we managed to catch about 55 sauger/walleyes, primarily saugers, the walleye were good sized falling in the 15-19 inch range only about 10 of those. We had our best luck bouncing the bottom with buckshot spoons with a live minnow, minnow heads didn't work to well. Primarily cought all of our fish on red or pink. The fish will usually chase the spoon up a foot or two off the bottom, then go back down and seemed to hit the deadstick. More active fish from about 10A-1P and from 4P till about 5P, Saturday the 5th was our better day. Eel pout at night, fun to catch, not fun to take off, A few whitefish mixed in as well during the day. Hope that helps smile

Thanks for the info Dano!

I'm heading up to Arnesens this weekend and was curious if others had done anything this past weekend?

Was in a sleeper the 4-6th. Fishing was slow compared to January but steady. Never really saw any time that was more active than the other. Mostly Sauger Friday and Saturday with a few Walleyes. Sunday morning was an awesome morning. Nothing but eyes and nice size just under the slot and hit hard. Friday didn't seem to be any color that was better than the other. Saturday was blue/white and Sunday was pink or pink/gold. We also caught 8 13-14inch perch on dead sticks.

I'm not surprised Sunday morning was a good morning, we had to leave early, at about 8:30, and already had 3 nice saugers and a walleye, more activity fishwise under the house too, glad to hear you did well!

Dano, where did they have you guys parked? We were in 24' on mud and couldn't buy a fish on Saturday. 5 fish all day. Fished hard from Friday morning til Sunday morning and between 2 of us had 30 walleye/sauger and 1 12.5" perch.

The action was Friday and Sunday morning for us. Just like Dano said, bouncing red Buckshot and Rattlin' Flyers on the bottom, then raise it up 6" and wait for them to come up. I had a few follow up 5-6' before committing. The fish that followed higher in the column were Sauger. Whole minnow had the best results.

Most of the fish were small Sauger, only 6 Walleye worth keeping for us and totaled 10 eater fish all weekend. Largest was 17".

We were on 28' in mud as well, talked to a friend who had brother up there and claims their group of four limited out last weekend on walleye and sauger, no idea where he was at, most of our fish would came in spurts very inconsistent, played a lot of cards and drank lots of beer smile

Any new reports since last weekend? The wife and I are heading up Sunday - This will be her 1st trip ever. crazy