• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's kind of quiet here. Anyone been out spearing?

MJ1657

My buddies brother was out spearing this month on a nearby lake and shot this footage.

This what its about being able to watch something like that go on.

Its so cool to watch a fish of that size come in a just slowly decide to eat its prey. Great vid

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MJ1657

• Laska

• Mcfin

• Gordie

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on Pelican yesturday and was in about 7 fow can see down about 4 foot and ended up with a 26 incher and I had one skirt the out side edge of the hole around 10-12lbs nice fish but wouldnt come in musta been full.

we also got a bunch of pannies also

You didn't have to go that far to get fish wink

I know spearhead but the big ones are the also and I was pre spearing wink

Mrklean was out there from 9am until 2pm

Been out on lake jane in lake elmo area for 2 hours got one nice eater 27in and seen a pig mid 30's so far.

ended up getting one more nice one 33inch seen one other one low 30's came in fast hit decoy and left.

lardy

Got a 30 incher with my new Amish spear first day out with it but missed a much bigger one.

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I was out this afternoon for a few hours. Saw 6 different fish a few of them came back more than once. A real nice pike stared at my red and white spinner for quite awhile.

Saw three today got one that was 28 inches and it had a pierced lip or someone left a green moonglow jig in his mouth. I got pics but cant get them off of my phone to post guess I'll have to keep trying

I had a few fish come in today. They would hang outside the hole and look for along time. I would jig either the artificial or sucker and they would charge in for the attack. It was alot of fun playing with them and seeing their reaction to movement.

We had a big bass come up to the top of the hole and hung around. Its lower jaw was really deformed.

Got out for couple of hours this morning and didnt see anything also met a couple yesturday that were from champlin that said they visit the site now and then so Hi again and how did you do Sunday?

The fish were moving real good the first part of this afternoon then they shut off.

I had a bass, sunfish, and northern in my hole all at once today.

Mcfin have you been seeing an of the big ones. I saw some of the giants the first few times out then the smaller ones since.

Saw one monster so far this year. I threw at it but missed because it didn't go for my decoys but was just crusing through. Got some three, four and one five pounder. It has been pretty slow lately.

Last year the spearing started to pick up around this time for bigger fish so hopefully you will get another chance. Where your house is was were I was spearing last winter acording to my gps so it should start getting better till the season closes.

Dealer got a 31 this year but we didn't weigh it. I did see bigger fish late in the season last year.

I'll be back out tomorrow and see what happens.

My guess is a 31 is about 6 pounds. Laska still might be number one. I don't normally weigh mine unless it is mighty big.

Yes but I heard you have been cheating and using hand carved decoys.

well you should be cheating shortly then from what I know!! and its what I got my fish with!

I agree a 31 should be 6lbs mine really was a fatty tho!