• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's kind of quiet here. Anyone been out spearing?

MJ1657

Those Northerns are wild on my lake this year. I can't get a spear into one yet. Also, I don't know what I am going to do today. The Pike are running the same time that the game is on. I don't have a tv in my house. Sorry, just had to air my frustration to someone that understands. My wife has no sympathy for me.

Go fishing...

Less frustration than watching the game.!!! grin

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MJ1657

• Laska

• Mcfin

• Gordie

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Northerns are wild on my lake this year. I can't get a spear into one yet. Also, I don't know what I am going to do today. The Pike are running the same time that the game is on. I don't have a tv in my house. Sorry, just had to air my frustration to someone that understands. My wife has no sympathy for me.

You wouldnt happen to have a drop down wheel house that your spearing out of and a red ford truck? If so that has been us spearing just west of you in the portables and MJ's big green perm. And the pike have been running the best for me from 1 till 4pm.

i was checkin my phone ever 2 min yesterday day while trying to watch the spear hole, got one for the frying pan and went home to finish up the game

MJ and Archerysniper-I noticed a big crowd aroud you guys. Did you do any good? It was slow for me so I quit and went home and watched the rest of the game.

Archery sniper had the hot hole yesterday. It was a fairly slow day for the rest of us. Laska has got a couple this morning one is real nice.

MJ and Archerysniper-I noticed a big crowd aroud you guys. Did you do any good? It was slow for me so I quit and went home and watched the rest of the game.

Yep I had the hot hole, 3 Sat biggest 28.25 inches and 3 Sun all little snakes but good for pickleing. Can't say if it was the same fish or not but had a pike in the hole 11 times from 2 till 3:30 when I finally saved my sucker and took the last one for a limit.

woop woop limit by 12:20pm started at 9 not a bad day biggest was 31" 7-8lbs, ill post pics soon, came into my red n white decoy I made, scared the bajesus outta me came in attacking my deak 5 times before it slowed down enough to spear. Very fun day today and Heidi didnt get a good chance to spear one so hopefully tomorrow she will get one right away! If I talked to you guys in person I could explain the day of fun alot better and why Heidi didnt get a chance today, but I guess Ill wait til the GTG when I drink pepski and smoke smokes and talk about the adventure!

Yeah John limited out on mon. I ran to town 3 times durning the afternoon and everytime I came back he had a different pike on the ice. Apparently I must be bad luck in the shack for him. BUT, on tuesday.....I finally got one!!!!! Not huge by any means...but still got one!! Yay! laugh

True that. Half the budget for going on these trips is saving enough money to buy that golldang Diet Pepsi!! :I

31" and Ill weigh it tonight after it thaws out. Notice that nice shot right behing the head.... cool

2011-01-24110343-1.jpg

Heidi n I saw 14 northerns, lots of little guys but we came home with 4 and 1 14" bullhead. The trip was awesome and I had a blast! They really loved my red n white northern decoy. 2 came into the spinner but the other 12 came into that same deak. And didnt even want the live sucker. I heard of the fish coming in real fast and I only had the 31" come in like that and then Heidi's fish but other than that they decoyed nicely.

Another pic of it,it has awesome markings.

2011-01-24110413-1.jpg

john, is that a bear creek deke???? kinda looks like it!!! laughlaughlaugh

its an inch longer,swims better,1/2 thicker and looks better o and its made of red cedar... Did I miss anything? And the jigging action is twice as good... You should try one you wouldnt go back to a bear creek...

The way I see it, a bear creek hasnt got anything on this decoy. grincool

But nice try glenn gringrinwhistlegrin

lol didnt plan on it, I can bring some extra's with tho. Im making a batch of perch here pretty soon about 16 of them.

You should try one you wouldnt go back to a bear creek...

The way I see it, a bear creek hasnt got anything on this decoy. grincool

Does this mean I get the bear creek golden pike back?

They really loved my red n white northern decoy. 2 came into the spinner but the other 12 came into that same deak. And didnt even want the live sucker.

I will send you the bill for the guiding fee nothing like crowding someone. shockedwinkgrinlaugh

It was nice to have you 2 around, as far as the pepski I might drink you under the table with my Mtn Dew.

I will send you the bill for the guiding fee nothing like crowding someone. shockedwinkgrinlaugh

It was nice to have you 2 around, as far as the pepski I might drink you under the table with my Mtn Dew.