• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake of the Woods - Zippel Bay Fishing Reports

walleyeking19

got back yesturday.fishing was slow for on bobber in 24 ft.a few buddys came up they out on 28ft and 26ft very slow all around.not to many ppl were any good.cold front might have shut them down over the weekend.im heading back up next weekend going to move my house then shooting acros the lake on sleds. gl everyone i'll keep in touch this week.terry and boar if you guy head up next weekend let me knoe we should get together.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mnhunter 3815

• Walleye Inn

• Effie07

• stealth3350

mnhunter, slow still on sat and sunday only caught 15 keeping 3 moved offof darange out to jackfish 33ft slow there too the fish were down there but would just follow bait up and leave still a good time on the pond. We fished almost right where we ended up last year in march, We towed the walleye inn back into the staging area by candys rolls not sure when will be up next ?snow is sure hard, a real pain for banking house good luck to all Terry

fished zipple on perch saat and sun.. all i can say another slow wknd.. just waiting for that 1 wknd and just hammer them

Hey Terry, I saw the Walleye Inn on Saturday when we moved out to Jackfish and setup 200 yards further down the street, near the big snowman on the corner. I was going to stop over before I left on Sunday, but when I looked out my window around lunch time, you were gone. We made three moves this past weekend in search of fish. Went from Sauger - Hot Spot - Jackfish and back to Sauger. Fished Thursday 5pm to Sunday 2pm and ended up keeping 6 walleyes and 19 saugers, threw back 3 slots 20", 21.5" and 23" and three small saugers. Caught a nice 17" sauger on Jackfish along with 2 pout. Caught saugers until 11pm when setup on Sauger and Hotspot on Thursday and Friday night and my daughter pulled an 18" at 10:05pm from Jackfish on Saturday night after we picked up the 2 pouts. Planning on fishing near the west end of Sauger next weekend.

Mother nature will determine that. The Igloo is a good time for Beer, Pizza and BSing. I saw an older guy lose a small nothern in the hole around 8:00 pm on Thursday night when we were visiting. Apparently it was too small to swallow the 7" sucker they had on the hook.

Effie07, atleast you caught some nice fish ,I don't know when I willhit the pond again probally on the weekend good luck Terry

Went out Sunday got there around 11 and it looked like every road was busy but bobber so i thought id give that a shot, 23 ft. and 19 fish caught, probably half were good size too, mainly eyes. today (monday) I was able to get out a bit deeper, chose sauger and had terrible luck fished from 8-3 and caught 4, only one keeper sauger, no eyes. In 26 ft. Still a fun day on the lake!

To go along with my last post a bit, It seems as thought I did far better than most on Sunday Bobber may be back!, everything on the vex hit no problem.... Today however I probably marked 8-10 fish but only got the 4 to bite, and I was trying every lure possible.

Thats a pretty good report iceman. was gonna try it deep on friday but now i think im gonna um um ummm . Still dont know what to do. Such a big lake, so little time.

Wow Effie i did a double take on your previous post. You caught some of those fish that late?

Late fish have been a nice bonus this year. One our first trip of the year in January, my dad caught a 17" walleye at 9:30. Last weekend, we were set up on Sauger and fishing by 5:30pm on Thursday, headed to the Igloo for pizza and beer around 7:30. Upon returning and sending our lines back down the holes, we were happy to see a few fish down there. Not only did we catch two saugers on Thursday night(the last one at 11:07), we missed multiple others. Thursday night was the most eventful unless you count the 2 pouts and one walleye we pulled on Jackfish Saturday night. I still fish OLD SCHOOL, not a single vexilar in my house, so who knows how many more we may have caught after dark if we would have had one.

I have never been to LOW before and am booked next week for Zipple. The fish houses will have drilled holes for us to fish from right?

Report for March 4-6th. Started on Hot spot fri. morn till noon, never marked a fish and the water clarity was poor. I have fished the lake long enough to know that this wasnt a good thing, so we packed up and ended up on DeRange almost to the end of the road. The closest shack was 1/4 mile or better away from us, drilled the holes and the water clarity was like night and day difference, weird. started fishin about 2 pm as soon as we dropped the vexis' down they were there but didn't bite till 4pm till dark. caught 9 kept 5 friday everything was 13-17inches that we 3 kept nice mix of walleye and sauger. Saturday kept 17 fish Sunday fished 3 hours caught 8 could of kept 5 of the 8 but released em. Orange buckshot rattlin spoon was the ticket for us. on the deadstick smaller minnow the better 48 total fish caught, Good luck everyone.

Ended up fishing on Sauger in 29fow. 6 walleyes over 16" and 4 saugers (two over 15" and two around 12"). Very slow weekend. Woke to rattle reels both Saturday and Sunday mornings around 7am. Action continued both days until 8:30, 4 kids in the house manning the rods increased the missed/caught ratio greatly. A few radom hit between 9-3 yielded three of our fish for the weekend. No night bite this past weekend. Heading back up Friday after work. Considered moving house deeper, but Nick was moving resort houses with 100 yards of me all day Sunday, hopefully he knows something I don't.

Fished sat -sun of perch. friday night 3 saugers in middle of night.. sat 14 eyes between 14-18 inches by 1pm. slow rest of day few more eyes at midnight and 1 at 3 am.. sun dead 2 small saugers caught 80 percent eyes this wknd

Hey Bullhead93, east or west end of darange I was on the west end and keep moving but think I could have stayed there and done ok? that water clarity situation is interesting?? will be up friday or sat good luck to all!!Terry

Hey Terry we were east darn near 1/4 mile from you and i were set up that weekend. There isn't to many people on that street at all. We caught some good quality fish there, and were marking them almost constanly. Wish we could of stayed all day Sunday cause i think we could of put a hurtin' on em! KEEP IT IN MIND good luck this weekend!

thanks Bullhead93,you know where I am going we did catch some nice ones the next weekend also will report on sunday sounds like the weather might make it a nice drive on friday night or sat morning wishing I didn't pull the wallyeinn so far in but wasn't sure when I was coming back and boy has Nick been moving houses around this year good luck to allTerry

I second what some of you other guys have been saying. We fished Sunday out of Zippel and tried three locations in 28', 30' and 33'. It was very slow on Sunday. We ended up with 8 keepers, a 26" hog, and released 2 or 3 small fish. Nothing was the hot lure. The 26" came off of a Rattlin' Darter. The rest of the fish were caught on dead sticks or red rattlin' flyer.

Just had a question about the fish houses stored in the bay. Is there a fee for leaving them there? guess i have just pulled mine home everytime and keep forgetting 2 ask at the office. thanks!

nope just a fee to use the plowed road.. get to know the plow drivers for zipple...great guys, keep your road open and plowed and will keep an eye on it while you are a way.. off course a tip is appreciated .. they do work hard.. i once saw a guy stuck and a plow driver spent 20 min helping him, and the guy didnt even offer 5 bucks.. i was watching and it upsetted me.. those drivers work hard

Thanks stealth, i'm thinkin' i will do that next year. I do agree with about the plow drivers totally! about the guy gettin' stuck well maybe he won't be so lucky next time. Now i just gotta wait for the rainy 2 open see ya next year and good luck fishin' everyone.