• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake of the Woods - Zippel Bay Fishing Reports

walleyeking19

we stayed in 23ft.42 fish from wednesday till noon today.wasnt fast but we did catch some nice eyes.the deadstick produced most of our fish.they were biting very very light.fish right on the bottom.ill be heading back up next week.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mnhunter 3815

• Walleye Inn

• Effie07

• stealth3350

hey mnhunter,headed up in the morning thanks for thereport my house is in 23 fow guess I should try right there and see what happens 2 weeks ago did good sat am will give report sunday evening thanks Terry

ok back in town fished my spot in 22ft fr and sat.. fri about 40 fish total for 3 guys lost a screamer never saw it.. sat was slow but stl managed our limit.. allso about 5:45am rattle reel went off thought i had a eel pout. it got to bottom of the hole and saw its tail.. it was like 3 inches thick behind the tail fin.. and thats all i saw. so she was a biggin.. few saugers both day 15-16 inches a few 17 inch eyes.. not bad weeknd considering the cold weather. im still amazed how cold it was

moved fish house over by mnhunter sat morning fished 3 hrs there a couple dinks moved back to the east on bobberst by some guys I know and caught about 15 kept 4 pretty slow for us and a bit chilly moving around sat morning

wow i recon that cold snap turned them off.you go east or west of me?thinkin about moving my house a little bit cause im kinda in that ice pack or i might have to move my driveway.dont realy want to move but will see what happens.

we were s;ightly east of you,I wish I would have stayed and tried it where we were but with nobody around I figured must be dead area talking with Deanna ithas been a differebt kinda year they were moving houses into trophy still on sat.good luck might have to wait for those nice march days when you can sit outside and catchem it was chilly sat morning truck showed -40 later Terry

mnhunter good luck i believe my son and boss maybe coming up friday hope it will be far enough ahead of the front. There wasn't any houses withing 1/2 mile of me.I know another guy that is going to rent from zipple on wed and thurs so will get a report I might take a weekend off cause I have 4 days planned for the 5,6,7and 8th bring my wife she has caught one over 29 the last two years in a row.I am on about plan m by now been a tough year so far but can change very quickly. your house is about 500 ft from where we nailed em this fall the rocks are to the east good luck Tery

sounds good terry.im heading up tomorrow mornin,had a little delAY this week lol.will give report saturday night.

If anyone wants to compare notes, feel free to drop in. We'll be in a Red drop down pulled by a blue/green crew cab chev. I'll be there some time Thursday afternoon, pulling out on Sunday. Will gladly share info from what I know while I'm up there.

Ev

I am probally gonna take the weekend off, but will be up the 5th thru the 8th hope the weather straightens out and isn't -40 when i am up there good luck to all

I am heading up to Zipple Bay Friday morning and staying in one of their sleeper shacks. Been reading the reports and dong research. Anything a newbie should bring or know about Zipple Bay? Thanks!

Just returned from Zippel and had a great time again. The resort owners are great and the fish were biting, but not as fast as I would have liked. Still a good time and a few fresh walleye dinners. What more can you ask for?

fished thursday till saturday noon.caught fish everyday.but not as much as last week.still came home with fish and ate some so all in all it was a good trip.word from the lake guys.a guy released a 32incher on monday.friday and saturday big fish being caught out in 26 ft.30 incher released friday and 30 incher released saturday mornin.talked to 1 guy who was out in 31ft.he was the only house and he did very well.4 guys got there limits and some really nice eyes.i did notice this trip the saugers we caught were very nice size biggest being 16 1/2 inches.my brother was fishing in a diff house about 500 yrs to the east and they did better than we did.that storm moved in friday mornin sure did alot of damage.lots of drifts and lots of ppl getting stuck in the banks due to white out conditions.i'll be gone from wednesday till febuary 14th going a family vacation to california and arizona.sure gonna miss the big pond.have fun and good luck fishing remember be safe.

hey Mnhunter thanks for the report nice to hear about some big fish coming inI will be up sat thru tues gonna move out deeper and see how that works if I go to end of road and out a ways I usulaly have good luck kinda by myself I am going to give that a try again/.Have a good trip to those warm weather states and will see you on the pond later in feb Terry

how is travel with a wheel house up there?? was on red this weekend and they have LOTS of snow/slush everywhere, are conditions better up on LOW

good to hear you guys are catching fish. Im heading up friday morn. til Sun. This is it, it's boar time, i can feel it in my hide, either that or i need a shower. Later

[PoorWordUsage] good,the sun was out and the wind was just about non-existant. we kept 7 walleyes 5 saugers all with nice size (14-16")between myself and my brother. must have been somewhere around 21 fow. the best part about it was that we took a mid afternoon break and drank a few beers at the igloo and stopped by Candy's for some lunch and were back in time for a few nice ones before dark. I was out sunday also but was out quite a bit deeper (~28') and was considerably slower but we still managed to bring back 5 nice keepers. If your out by zipple I would recommend stopping by Candy's for some rolls or whatever her special is... you won't regret it (homeade and fresh) and you might get a good fishing report!

Be up early Saturday morning with my wife and girls. Have my house just west of Main on the south side of sauger, 26fow. Will post a report when I get back.

Gonna head up to Zippel about March 6. Anyone know if the fishing is still good this time of year? I've been there in Dec & Jan, but not sure about this time. Thanks

Well, if March this year is as different as teh first half of the season has been compared to other years, it will be anyone's guess. I have a friend who has been fishing 19' for the last 5 weeks and has had a consistent bite everytime out. Fish are scattered all over from 17' to 32', just need to keep moving until you find them, then stay put. The last couple of years we have fished 34' during the days in March and then head shallow for the evening, but there hasn't been much of a shallow bite this years other than the stray walleye every now and then. Long Point 38' and deeper, last year it was 39', has produced the best numbers for us in March over the past couple of years.

Hey stealth and effieo7, we are going up sat am. if your going by the walleye Inn stop and and I can give ya our report we are just west on bobber st can't miss it should be a great weekend!! dog 1 we have had real good fishing in march and some days can sit out on the ice and catch them good luck

never been to zipple bay heading over there sat just wondering if there is a bait store over there before you get on the lake or do we have to stop in town and whats the cost of the road any info on dept we should try thanks

They had fatheads at the office/lodge the last time I was up, don't know how much as I bought mine on the way up. $8 for a road pass.

Walleye Inn,

I saw you go by pulling your house on Bobber Street, how was fishing we caught a few put some back and brought some home. It seemed a little slow. I am going to try to get up there again the first weekend in March. Is the Bobber Street area good then too?

Thanks!