• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake of the Woods - Zippel Bay Fishing Reports

walleyeking19

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mnhunter 3815

• Walleye Inn

• Effie07

• stealth3350

Boar,

Let me know how things go out deep. Rumor has it that they are still catching quite a few fish in 21-25 fow out of zipple. God I can't wait to get up there late next week! God's country!

Beaste, man I'm just spastic, just cant nail down a game plan. Got a itch to go outa springsteele,got the same itch for Zipple, road good outa Springy, an closer, I'm so confused!! I got sleds now an the reefs are just a trail ride away, S. tip, Stoney, pike in the bay, Been tring to hook up with terry an mnhunter for a whaile an mnhunter is there now outa the Zipp an i await his report, wish I could bear hunt then I'd know exactly what to do. I should talk to my daughter an her terra cards. Ha. Later baor

Beaste, man I'm just spastic, just cant nail down a game plan. Got a itch to go outa springsteele,got the same itch for Zipple, road good outa Springy, an closer, I'm so confused!! I got sleds now an the reefs are just a trail ride away, S. tip, Stoney, pike in the bay, Been tring to hook up with terry an mnhunter for a whaile an mnhunter is there now outa the Zipp an i await his report, wish I could bear hunt then I'd know exactly what to do. I should talk to my daughter an her terra cards. Ha. Later baor

Well good luck to you this weekend. Be sure to give us an update. A week from right now we should be hitting the ice right about now.

ok here it is.got to zipple bay 7:15 am.my gps will not turn on.trined to use the the plug in still wont turn on.so gps has to be sent in to lowerance.well we started off fighting with the furnace till 1 pm.moved my house in 26ft.1st day 0 fish.next day we caught a few from 10am till 12:30.took camper to 20ft range 2 small saugers.got word to try the 16ft range so from 2:30 till 5:30 2 more small saugers.yesturday we fished till 1:30 pm before heading home.we ended up with 18 keepers with 4 nice walleyes between 3 guys.all from 26ft.the fish were biting very light.wanted to move west but wow the houses are stacked up down there so i figured try a little deeper where there wasnt that many ppl.heading back up next tuesday might move the house but we are going to try it the 1st day and see what happens.

ok here it is.got to zipple bay 7:15 am.my gps will not turn on.trined to use the the plug in still wont turn on.so gps has to be sent in to lowerance.well we started off fighting with the furnace till 1 pm.moved my house in 26ft.1st day 0 fish.next day we caught a few from 10am till 12:30.took camper to 20ft range 2 small saugers.got word to try the 16ft range so from 2:30 till 5:30 2 more small saugers.yesturday we fished till 1:30 pm before heading home.we ended up with 18 keepers with 4 nice walleyes between 3 guys.all from 26ft.the fish were biting very light.wanted to move west but wow the houses are stacked up down there so i figured try a little deeper where there wasnt that many ppl.heading back up next tuesday might move the house but we are going to try it the 1st day and see what happens.

Sounds like a tough trip....but a heck of allot better than being stuck at work. I have been hearing quite a few different things in my research - one guys says stay around 22 feet and the next says go as deep as you can. Why can't the fish just send me an email and tell me where they are going to be next Friday as we drive on the ice? Either way I can't wait to wet a line next Friday morning for four days.

I fished Monday and Tuesday at Zipple and moved 3 times from 28-22 feet with very little success.Wasnt even marking much.Moved to the end of Adrians road on Wednesday and it was a little better but not much.Probably was out to deep.People I talked to werent doing much better.This was the toughest fishing I have ever had up there and just couldnt find the sweeet spot.Oh well was still worth a try.

I fished Monday and Tuesday at Zipple and moved 3 times from 28-22 feet with very little success.Wasnt even marking much.Moved to the end of Adrians road on Wednesday and it was a little better but not much.Probably was out to deep.People I talked to werent doing much better.This was the toughest fishing I have ever had up there and just couldnt find the sweeet spot.Oh well was still worth a try.

Come on you are ruining my dream of a 100 fish day next Friday with a post like that! frownwink But a lot can change in a week. Sounds like they are going to have perfect weather to make a bunch of ice between now and next Friday meaning many will probably start moving out farther in search of fish.

Dear Walleye Gods:

Keep the weather fair, the Barometer steady and all the walleyes under my hole starting next Thursday! Ohh, and also, make sure I dont run out of minnows or beer.

Thanks

Vince

HELLO ZIPPEL HERE WE COME!!

Sorry not trying to ruin anyones dreams.I know its been spotty up there most of the season so far but they are out there somewhere.I know I threw lots of keepers back this summer up there.My guess with little to no shiner run the fish are just scattered out there.Dont be afraid to move and hopefully you will stumble onto them.

wife and I fished Zippel Monday and Tuesday. Limited out both days. One 29 Incher. Nothing under 13 inches in the bucket.

Just got back from LOW..did well in 34' of water. I did fish other depths but the 34' range is where to go..great fishing!

Just got back from LOW..did well in 34' of water. I did fish other depths but the 34' range is where to go..great fishing!

Have they even plowed out that deep of were you in portables?

You guys that have stayed in Zipples Sleeper houses do they have vented heaters??? Heading up on THursday with a buch of guys and it is going to be COLD! Never fails we plan in October and it is ALWAYS the coldest weekend!

The Zippel sleeper I just left had vent heat. I assume they all do. Good luck......

Yeah, Woodman, your right! Glad I am waiting till later in the month to go. I thought that was always my problem. I'm sure it will be even colder when we go on the 27th. LOL. We have a 3rd guy going, but still have a couple of open holes for you if you want to join us for a day on Red...

Anyone fish Zip this weekend? How far out do their roads go - depth wise? Was it better deep or shallow?

Finallly got the house out fished 23ft sat and sunday caught about 25 on sat kept 6 nice walleyes and saugers really slowed in afternoon and sunday morning was slow small saugers and you really had to finness them did not hear any great reports I beleive there road that goes out the deepest goes to about 28 ft.Jeff good to meet you finally too, was sure nice to get out on the lake again. Just have to keep moving around sooner or later you can find them.

ya im in 26ft now but tuesday im moving in shallower.not sure yet tho will give report thursday night.

Boy that was another tough one for me, 26 ft sat morning, till about 11 am, nothing hooked up with terry at the waylleye inn, nioce to meet you an travis fiannally, did a little better,in 23 with two at 18 an 15, tyhen nothing into sunday till noon, just a little sauger, great to get out tho, ended up moving the boars nest back into 17 ft just west of the candys, going up this weeend, MNhunter tell how ya do. Later boar

Fished Friday and Sat in 23', 24' and 27' with little luck. Few sauger and and walleye mixed in with a nice 26" eye, 31" northern and a Nice Perch. The bite was slow and even trying to get off the roads away from the packs of people did not seem to help.

ya im in 26ft now but tuesday im moving in shallower.not sure yet tho will give report thursday night.

Good luck. Sounds like most has a pretty tough weekend again.

Fished Thursday afternoon till Saturday night, 2 houses 6 guys we caught about 60 fish 1/2 sauger---majority in 11-13 inch range eyes were 13-16 range.Looking forward to a March trip! We caught everything from 8-3pm and mostly on orange/white jigs.

Yea friday blew in the high pressure an screwd it up again, may be we can get ahead of the next one coming in before sunday. who knows ohwell. boar

Boar, I figured out where the fish are. Where ever I am not fishing wink. Our plans kind of changed last weekend, didn't get all our wood done. The wife and I did fish all day Sunday though, was pretty slow. Are you going to be up this weekend again? I have some buds coming up from the south. Might be able to swing over as we are out and about.

Yep thats my plan anyway, hope to be ahead of the next high pressutre thats coming in on sunday, give me a jingle, boarr

Was out on sauger ave. 26-28 ft. Started noon on monday and caught three small sauger and one 15" walleye. Tuesday,between 10am and 4pm caught 6 walleye largest 17.5" a couple of 16" and 15". several small sauger and three 14' sauger that we kept. Wife caught the large walleye. Went home Tuesday late afternoon.