• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tom and Steve, Let's shoot for early Sunday morning as we are all avaiable then. Weather dependant of course. You guy's set on Fish or would you like to try another one north of us? BC

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• BD110

• Jim Almquist

• ripstick

I just want to go some place where we know we can get some fish. I would like to be able to drive out but snowmobiling/4 wheeling is another option too I guess.

I do like the Fish Lake idea because we can have pizza and brew after at Tims place.

Agreed. I also want to get fish. I'm talking crappies here. I will get your number from Frank Steve and call some time tomorrow to make plans. I will also contact Tom then for his thoughts. BC

Ya, I tried that. He is doing something the day before and might go, but will probably be too tired tired (old guy's, sheesh). BC

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I hope my arm is tired from hoisting Lake Trout. smile What don't you guys come with.

Fun fishing with you yesterday Tom (BD110). Guess you had the honey hole again. Good thing I told you where to drill. laughlaughwink Oh the joy to be next to the crew out there. Thanks again for the jam and libations. I know you weren't responsible for the entertainment, but thanks for that too. wink It will be a week or so before I can get out again, the alternator went on the truck sometime between Thursday night and 9 last night. We should try a less crowed spot next time.

AND... YES your Marcnifier is in my truck smile!!

PiedmontAngler, It's always a good time getting out fishing with you Vic. Maybe we can try the other side of that area were you said you had been before. Got your text about the wife and kids enjoying the homemade jam. It's a good thing I know were to get more... Sorry to hear about the alternator hope you didn't have to walk to far. Looking forward to getting my hands on my new Marcnifier!!

Well that snow sure made it fun to travel off road with a trailer. Got stuck once, but got out thanks to the guy that gave me a push. Wouldn't have even tried it, but I had my daughter with. She caught her first crappie today, and then decided it was time to go home laugh. Looks like trucks with no trailers got around fine, but were throwing some snow. Hopefully this stuff won't turn slushy any time soon.

I was towing a trailer and tried to stay on trails that other had made but never got stuck too bad. Not really looking forward to more snow that is in the forecast. I was surprised that the fish were cooperative today after that front came through.

Would any of you guys be willing to hook up with an ice fishing newbie at some point. I've been fishing out from the dam for about a month and a half now and I guess I have done pretty well. Lately I've become a one fish wonder though. I would love to pick up some tips and techniques from more seasoned anglers. I have all of my own gear with the exception of a snow machine/wheeler so would need to be an area we could get to with a 4x4 truck. It would be nice to put a face to some of these names.

Tommorow I think I am going to take the road out of Highbanks and try the Birch/Dock island area. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Dave

Try not to fish within the house's but get out and away from them by about 50 yards so there noise has little affect on your fishing. The past couple of times it has been slow out there as well. Good Luck and try to stay warm. I would join you but I have a little too much homework right now.

Anyone planning on heading out to Fish lake tomorrow (Thur.) My plan is to be out there most of the day. Hopefully it will be nice enough to do a little hole hopping.

• 2 weeks later...

Word is its cold! wink

Truck travel can be touchy in spots and a snowmobile is a good idea if you want to get away from the crowds. Thats the name of the game now. Get away from the cities and try new spots. Its that time of year where the fish got beat up hard and they arent in the usual spots. If you have a sled I say fish a while if nothing move move move.

Of course this past few days thats not logical. I have been planting my rear in a good spot, crankin the heater and hoping the fish come to me. grin

Yeahh i havent had any luck around the islands where there are all the houses are. We tried fishing in about 17 FOW.. on a ridge. Has anyone else heard of decent action spots??

Thanks northlander... we have a wheel house so we will be looking at setting up in one of the villages any advise on which one will be best... not going to be to depressed if we don't catch anything just want to get the lines wet!!!

I guess if I were going to join the crowds I would do so just beyond the big group at the d a m and fish off the point in 20' or so. None has been better than the rest lately.

I'm goin out tomorrow with a buddy to either Island or Fish Lake. We haven't fished either of them yet. We'll be taking my car out, can you drive a car out there or is it not even worth it to try? What have you guys been catching out there? Any tips or spots of where you guys are getting the action would be appreciated. Thanks is advance and good luck

Like I said I wouldnt do it. Tim had to take almost 4 hours to plow out a while back. Granted they were foolish and out in a wind/snow storm but theres more snow on the lake and banks are higher now than the last time I saw you out. A typical car wont get to any spots off the roads but hey if your adventurious and have a shovel and strong back go for it. grin Just dont call Tim when you get stuck. cry

I know when we went across the lake today there was a back hoe working the road out to dock island. We were running the lAKE HE ON THE OTHER HAND WASN'T

Just got back from weekend on the ice... action was slow but managed to pull up 2 12" crappies and lost one at the hole... saw a few on the vex but could not get them to bite. cam picked up a few walleyes passing through..