• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

WalleyeChamp

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

matchset

another one! Photo1086.jpg

Photo1085.jpg

Monkster

Basketball coaching is finally over, I am going out this afternoon! I know one side of a huge 10 is in my area, a friend showed me a picture of the other side that was found by his lab two days ago...

jacobj12k

Still a lot of knee deep snow by Staples, but found a nice one on my first shed hunt of the year.

full-1833-6969-shedfoundbypalmystand3.19

TonkaBass

Nice one jacob! An old one? My buddy and I picked up 45 this weekend.

DHost21

I dont know if this is the best spot to ask this but can someone please help me? I have been out shed hunting multiple times this year i think 6 times and havent found 1... I am finding nice trails and following them looking hard and not finding anything. I find tons of beds, [PoorWordUsage], rubs and everything else to indicate there are deer all there but no antlers. What should i be looking for?

lungdeflator

Hows the snow depth down there? Theres some areas around here that still have 20+ inches of snow and a few areas(under thick conifer cover and south facing sides/hills) that barely have any snow. Almost any antler that is tines down will be hard to find now. My buddy found two last week and both were only showing 3-4" of tine through the snow. And the G2 was 11" on on of them....

Andrew Erickson

My first match! full-11885-7019-sheds001.jpg

full-11885-7020-sheds002.jpg

TonkaBass

Rincrat, nice sheds but they don't look like a match to me... do you have a pic of the deer? Otherwise I would say you got a shot at a couple nice 8 pts!

swampbuck

I agree not the same deer..

Andrew Erickson

really? i found them behind my friends house and we live in Bloomington.Right off of Penn ave. I don't know how many 8 pointers are runnin around but if you think its not the same deer i'll have to keep hittin the woods! thanks for letting me know

delcecchi

Some must still be on the deer. Had one in the back yard yesterday here in rochester. Still had both antlers. Nothing to get excited over, only a fork horn.

ChompChomp_YANK

RincRat,

I would agree that is not the same deer keep looking. You got a good chance at two matched sets!!

swampbuck

The one on the top photo left side and the next photo could be a match the one on the right top is not the same deer for sure

There are more bucks out there than most people realize good luck

Musky Buck

Dropping just about done in my area, found a bloody 1 sunday, now soon to be buried again.

TonkaBass

My bad rincrat... I thought you meant the 1st pic was a match. Like swamp said, they look like a match to me.

PostFrontal

Went down to our property on Sunday. Didn't find any, but the neighbor found a bunch on his property to the bucks we know about. Still alot of snow in one of our good areas. But maybe it was also because we saw people's footprints...

Neighbor has cameras up year round and said 2 of the biggest bucks dropped in December. He also got a trespasser on camera. This guy put his hood up when he saw the first camera, but didn't see the second one so got him on camera, showed his picture around town and found out who was. Went and got all the sheds back from him. The guy even picked up the ones the neighbor had put out for his kids to find. Pathetic.

Had another guy parked on the access road to the field with all his gear on. No reason for anyone to stop there. When he asked him what he was doing, he said smoking a cigarette. Pathetic again.

Luckily he drives by our and his property twice a day.

Andrew Erickson

i was talking about the first picture haha i thought those were the match. the second picture/shed is way smaller so i dont think its a match

TonkaBass

Rincrat, in that case keep looking! Lol

ozzie

there are plenty of big deer roaming the cities and the burbs that live long and grow big.....I would bet there are more than the 2 8 pointers in your buddies area in bloomington

Andrew Erickson

ill be back out then! this fricken snow needs to melt

lungdeflator

Ya this snow is getting pretty old. I put on 11 miles yesterday and only found one little 3 pt side. Theres still over a foot in most areas around here so unless they have 14" tines and are laying tines up they cant be seen

Andrew Erickson

i found another good one yesterday. i was walking and kicked up two does and walked up to where they were and found the shed. Its a side to a nice tall 8. I tried putting the pics up yesterday and it wouldnt work so ill try when i get home from school.

Andrew Erickson

number 4 on the year

full-11885-7129-shed1resized.jpg

full-11885-7130-shed2resized.jpg

tcumd

here are the 3 i found around my new surroundings before all this snow hit last week.

196354_191556170881578_100000815898104_4

196354_191556174214911_100000815898104_4

196354_191556177548244_100000815898104_4

jkcmj

I hadn't been out for awhile, but decided to check a local city park Friday afternoon. The DNR had been in burning off cedar trees on the hillside. I ended up finding two small ones that sat out a year. Nothing fresh.

11and12for2011season.jpg