• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

WalleyeChamp

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

lovebigbluegills

That's awesome!!! Hopefully she'll have that kind of luck every time out.

WalleyeChamp

Awesome finds and story! Now she just needs to rattle him in next year with his OWN antlers!

JBone

Money!!!!

archerystud

Great story and no offense but I hope your wife gets that one! smile

dag_1980

Ya I agree with you guys on her killing that buck. I wouldn't care if she shot it. I'm half tempted to put those antlers on a cape and hang it on the wall.( my brother does taxidermy) I had this buck at 26yds in the fall of 2009 but didnt have a shot and boy did he grow alot in one year. after measuring the antlers and estimating his spread. He would gross in the low 160s.

walleyehunter80

I like the idea of ratteling him in with his own horns and THEN mounting both his sheds and head on the wall!!!

LOTWSvirgin

I got a set of shed I found last year mounted. It was a really cool feeling hanging him on the wall knowing I could still have the chance to put him next to it.

shedaddict

Nice finds Dag! That is an impressive set.

LOTWS, do you have a picture of the sheds you mounted? I always thought that would be a cool way to display them.

Was out yesterday again for a few hours. Came out to a field right at dark, 30+ deer in it, not one with antlers. I did see one small buck on the way home and had a few small bucks on the camera still. I think a lot of the big antlers are buried right now.

TonkaBass

Saw a bunch of mule deer still holding this week in nodak, but as far as locally this snow needs to stop! Driving me up a wall! Wish the temps would raise so I could at least go fishing!

certified jumbo

Solid find Dag!!!

We were going to go up north for a 2 day antler hunt today and monday. But they get 6 inches of snow Friday night. UNREAL!!! Now another 2-4 more monday. I have this scary feeling I might go empty handed on sheds until march/april when the snow melts. It has been a depressing shed season for me!!

Good luck.

CJ

matchset

dag, i dunno if you're a spiritual person...but i think God had a hand in your wifes shed hunting experience smile that just doesn't happen smile awesome

WalleyeChamp

Jumbo. I don't think you're alone in getting PO'ed with all this snow. Springtime will produce a lot of numbers all around.

buglefever

Here in NE Iowa I'm getting mixed reports also. I've seen a couple bucks with antlers yet and have talked to several others that have. Just between yesterday and today 4 people told me they've found sheds, one found 9 already but that was all in one field. I guess I'm a slacker so far this year since I've only been out about an hour and a half. I was hoping to get out this week but woke up to over 3 inches of fresh snow! Also it's really cool that we have a good shed forum here in one spot! It's always a highlight to jump on and see how everybody is doing!!

buglefever

I also wanted to toss in that I've found matches to antlers well over a half a mile from where I found the first. It's amazing how few matched sets a person can find. 2 years ago I ended up with 82 antlers and 14 matched sets. Last year I had 63 antlers and 6 matched sets.

lungdeflator

Ya bugle thats the way it goes. Ive found matches that were stacked on top of each other. My buddy found one last year 2 days later after I found the other side that was close to a half mile apart.

Walked a little over 6 miles yesterday through 3 feet of snow and came up empty. Probably the hardest walk Ive ever done, snowshoes dont help much when its all powder snow. I havent seen or got pics of an antlered buck since around christmas so I might just stick to fishing til the melt.

TonkaBass

I saw 2 140 class holding both side in the metro last Saturday. They were with a shed buck. This snow is burying everything right now though. If anyone finds one, post a pic. My guess is it will be one tine sticking up an inch.

hightower

Sheds from Saturdayfull-13971-5128-1.jpg

full-13971-5129-2.jpg

full-13971-5130-3.jpg

full-13971-5131-4.jpg

full-13971-5132-5.jpg

full-13971-5133-6.jpg

hightower

Total of five, one matched set in the middle.

full-13971-5136-7.jpg

WalleyeChamp

AWESOME! SIMPLY AWESOME! Congrats!!!!!

matchset

dad and i went out to pull some stands today... spent a couple hours in the deep snow looking for sheds!

pops found this nice (young) 5pt side!

IMG_0437-3.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

buglefever

Thanks to everyone for showing and telling. Sure am getting pumped to get out more...if only the dang snow would quit! Only thing I find good about the snow is that it makes some of my lazy competition quit early or slows them down!!

JBone

love the pics too!

jkcmj

I was hitting a spot today and came up with one nice 4 point side. smile I have been pretty lazy on getting out lately... This was my 1st walk since I found the nice one on the 3rd, but #7 is now in the bag so hopefully I will get back on track now! 6 left sides and only one right, so I know some areas that should have a half dozen antlers at least on the ground!

Cedarrapids1-22-11003.jpg

jkcmj

A friend of mine has got 6 so far this year, 2 on our hunt today. Thought I'd share some of his.

Smallest so far found today 4 inches

cid__0122111318.jpg

11.5 inch G2

cid__downsized950109111150.jpg

Nice set found 30 yds apart

cid__downsized950117111656.jpg

He found #6 today as we were leaving our shed hunting spot he saw it laying along the road in plain sight in a field road opening. Amazing nobody picked it up as it had to have been there all day I would think as it was getting dark when we left.

Here-Kitty-Kitty

That cow will look cool on the hood of your truck!

Nope it will look cool on his VW lol