• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

World Jr 2011 in Buffalo NY

cbrooks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• Bear55

• spearchucker

• solbes

4-1 loss, we got outclassed in every aspect of that game exept the goaltending. Campbell made some great saves and really kept the score from getting embarassing.

This just kind of lets you know how special last years gold was. Its one thing to beat a very good Canadian team who hasn't lost in five years. It's another to beat them when they want revenge for last years gold medal loss and are coming off a shootout loss to Sweden.

Boy you hit the nail on the head there.

They were not going to be beat again tonight by the U.S.

Canada is really at a high point in hockey history right now. We do challenge them in both Jrs and and Olympics and we are getting better all the time but Canadas depth and skill are unrivaled at all levels.

Canada could easily send two Jr teams to this tournament and they would both be among the favorites every year and have a very good chance of getting a medal. To make things even scarier this year Canada has 8 players that are eligible to play in this tournament but ended up making NHL teams. The numbers can vary but this happens every year and Canada still wins a large majority of their games.

As much as I hate to admit it. I don't know if there ever was low point in history since I started really paying attention to these games. Every now and then somebody might get hot and beat them. Canada always dominated I just I hope we can raise to the occasion a little more often.

It would be easier to be happy for them if there fans weren't such donkeys. Thank god Canada is only good at curling and hockey.

Wow those Canucks are really under your skin, eh? Although there are lots of Canadian players in the NHL, the last time a Canadian team won Lord Stanleys Cup was 1993 (Montreal). That's gotta make you smile a little bit smile Gold medals are great, but imagine the irony of the best trophy in all of sport to have a 17 year running drought from returning to the frozen tundra.

I kinda get a anti-American feel from a few of them. There not all like that but the loud ones sure are. I probably should just keep more mouth shut. I just can't bring myself to say congrats to there fans.

I would rather have a gold medal than the Stanely Cup anyday.

As much as I hate to admit it. I don't know if there ever was low point in history since I started really paying attention to these games. Every now and then somebody might get hot and beat them. Canada always dominated I just I hope we can raise to the occasion a little more often.

It would be easier to be happy for them if there fans weren't such donkeys. Thank god Canada is only good at curling and hockey.

I think Canada still has the most Gold Medals in this Tourney but Russia/Soviet Union are right there with them and won a lot of them back in the 70's & 80's.

I just found the link with past winners. The US is slowly climbing the charts but we have a long way to go just to catch Finland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IIHF_World_Under_20_Championship_medalists

US vs Sweden for the Bronze at 2:30 today. Big let downs for both teams to not make the gold medal game so it might be interesting. This game can kind of be a wildcard, in the past I have seen the US come out hard and take a medal home and other years they don't look interested and walk away with nothing.

Oh boy, Sweden is good. I remember watching them last year and they had a younger team in the tourament then so they must have a few returning players on that team. I hope we win but my thinking is Sweden is heavily favored. I think they were pick to beat Russia which they ended up losing in a shootout. i would be more than happy with a bronze medal. Go US.

So much for a repeat. Too bad they don't nationally televise these games. It would be nice to get to see them on a real TV, not clips on my laptop.

I guess I don't see the anti-american sentiment from the Canadians so much. I read the TSN stuff a lot and the guys on there aren't too bad. Mostly just blind faith for the Canucks, Oilers, and Habs. It's kind of funny.

I do hear a lot of rants about hockey not belonging in the south. I can't say I disagree (as long as they're talking about the southern US, not the US in general). I for one would love to see a team back in Winnipeg.

Brooks, I hear you about the Canadians.

I lived with about 10 different Canadians when I attended Bemidji.

They are a diferent breed up there. And yes, almost all of them seem to think they are so much better then the US and bad mouth it any time they can.

I couldnt believe how so many of them are hip hop types.

Too bad the US couldnt put anything together.

3rd place I guess.

Hey Scott, have you heard the one about the canuck walks into a bar....oh I better not. Go Red army.

I didn't get to see the game but nice win for the US. Canada taking it to Russia 3-0 right now, those russians have some skilled players but I don't see a comeback this year.

After the first period I thought that Canada was going to give Russia the knock out punch and beat then down. They were playing flawless hockey.

The third period was one of the best comeback games I have seen in some time.

Hats off to the comrades for never giving up in a huge third period shut out.

I am sure Canada is sick after losing this game and the championship to the U.S. last year.

I could imagine how Canada feels. They have by far the most talent and to lose back to back like that most sting. It will be interesting to see how they come back next year. I wouldn't bet against Canada in 2012.

I was reading an article in TSN from they had with some of Canada player's. They talk how hockey is a game of momentum. It was dead on. Thats why I'm such a fan. The potential for upsets are greater when the emotions are high. It sounded like I miss one of those classic games.

HAHA! I just read a few of the comments below the TSN article on this. They go from: Canada should win this thing...to: 3-0 after two, we've got this in the bag, that Russian teams stinks!...to: This is the most embarrassing thing to happen to Canada.

That's a horrible choke. It just goes to show you never give up.

That is great, gotta love a huge comeback story.

You know Canada is going to get serious next year. Bring their team together sooner, grab more guys from the NHL, no college players, whatever they can. They are going to do something though. 2nd place is another huge loss for Canada.

I love the jokes Brooks. Any ice fishing this year. I will be on Leech in a sleeper the next 3 days. brrrrrrrrr

Hey Scott. If any of your old Canadian buddies go with ya to leech tell them to lay off the moosec0ck grin. Thats my last one I promise.

I wont be going with any Canadians. Theyd probably leave me out there and sell my truck. And there is going to be no moosec0cking in my shack.