• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

At the rate we were at a few days ago, we were forecasted to make the 8th spot. Basically, it looked like 94pts got you in and we were on track for just over 94. I don't know what it is now, but we are on track for just over 94 pts still.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• spearchucker

• Bear55

• 10,000 Casts

We are still ok. Calgary has been on a tear lately so hopefully they they cool off. Even if they don't they are only up by 2 points and have played 3 more games then us.

Impossible to say if we make the playoffs or not but we are playing well right now so we have good shot, it will be a battle for sure and as usual come down the final couple games before we know anything.

We have 29 games left by my math (82-53=29) and we have 61 points. Lets say we need 95 to get in.

This means we need to get 34 out of a possible 58 points to get in. So we need to go 16-13 in the next few months. We have a shot if 95 gets us in. With how tight it is, we may need more.

If we keep up the pace of the last few weeks, we should be in.

We better go 19 and 10 just to play it safe.

We are only 5 points out of 3rd place in the west and we have played anywhere from 1 to 3 less games then the teams above us so just about anything is possible if we keep winning. Who knows maybe the whole Pacific Division can beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of each other and we can slid up a few notches.

I should probably note the best place we could possibly finish is 4th because we aren't catching Vancouver this year and the Division leaders will take the top 3 spots. Of course we could just as easily miss the playoffs all together but I think they are going to get in this year.

It is going to go right down to the end. We are only 5pts out of 3rd and everything in between is only a point or 2 apart.

We have 29 games left by my math (82-53=29) and we have 61 points. Lets say we need 95 to get in.

This means we need to get 34 out of a possible 58 points to get in. So we need to go 16-13 in the next few months. We have a shot if 95 gets us in. With how tight it is, we may need more.

If we keep up the pace of the last few weeks, we should be in.

Sorry, 29 games left...my bad...but if we need 95 to get in (lets say) we would need to go 17-12 not 16-13 by MY math to reach 95 (17x2=34) HEE HEE

Gotta remember to every team ahead of us have played more games then us and some have played 3 more then us. So were still looking good if we keep up the good play.

It will be close, but yes we will make the ploffs.

Your right we have played up to 3 fewer games then teams ahead of us.

I think we are in good shape. We seem to be getting better and playing good as a team. We will however need to make a few end of the year moves though. the team we have might make the playoffs, but we need more.

Hopefully LTD will be back too.

I don't think we should make any moves that have any negative impact on our future. We aren't making a cup run, no need to sacrifice anything now.

If we can pick up rentals off waivers or something that doesn't cost much then yes, but I would think our picks are pretty well off limits.

Ah yes, the Tenderness. We need him back by years end. I wouldn't be opposed to some moves, but we gotta be smart with them. We haven't had the best of track records with draft picks, so we gotta keep our options open.

I want to say I read an article somewhere that Fletcher wasn't planning on making any moves unless there was a deal he could not pass up so to me that means little to no action this trade deadline. I would like to upgrade some of our D but it probably isn't in the cards this year.

Also to make any kind of significant move we would have to give up one of our best prospects and I just don't see that happening. The other option would be to trade our 1st rounder, and the with the draft in MN this year there is just no way we are going to do that either.

look at games played, all teams around us have played more games than the wild, so we have those games to play still. it dosen't help if we loose tonight.

We've just kept on rolling. Looks like Richards found a way to get consistency out of the team. They've only come out flat against one team since the allstar break. It's been fun to watch.

Didnt we do this last year too. Tear it up after the All-star break?

We came up just short last year. We are in better shape this year though. They are fun to watch, I havent been able to say that in awhile.

I think every team gets hot at some point during the year but this time is certainly feels a little more "real" and we might just force our way into a playoff spot vs getting hot and cooling off.

]Didnt we do this last year too. Tear it up after the All-star break?

We came up just short last year. We are in better shape this year though. They are fun to watch, I havent been able to say that in awhile.

Yes, but we didn't do as bad at the beginning of the year this year. We are still in it big time. Look how tight it is. A couple games and we could be in 3rd or we could be in 12th.

Stoner has really stepped up his game since being a scratch every game at the beginning of the year. Once Zidlickey gets bad, I think Barker may be doing some sitting.

How about the beating Stoner gave Backes? St. Louis looked for a fight all night and they finally got it!

Stoner has really stepped up his game since being a scratch every game at the beginning of the year. Once Zidlickey gets bad, I think Barker may be doing some sitting.

How about the beating Stoner gave Backes? St. Louis looked for a fight all night and they finally got it!

Meant to say Once Zidlicky gets back, I think Barker may be doing some sitting.

Wild are looking very good right now. I was waiting for Stoner to drop the gloves all night, I would like to see alittle more of that from the kid. Stoner gave backes the butt kicking he needed for awhile, I havent seen someone that bloodied up in awhile. I just wish it would of been wichester, Someone of the Wild needed to step up and drop gloves with him.

You also don't want to lose a good D man for 5 minutes. That is the reason he and Burns haven't been dropping them.

I 100% agree with the thought that Barker will be sitting once Zid gets back. He's been by far our least reliable D-man. He gets really panicky when in our zone and tends to flip the puck up to the opposing defense. Drives me nuts.

We did fall apart last year around this time, but this does seem like a different team. Everyone seems like they are on the same page for the most part. Not like last year when half the team was playing TR style and 1/4 was playing JL style and 1/4 just skated around aimlessly.

Definitely some punishing blows by Stoner to Backes. Those St Louis games were entertaining to watch. Nice little run they've put together here.

The Blues beat the Canucks last night so they are going to be ready tonight. Hopefully we can light them up like we have all year.

Luongo played last night, so we are getting their backup goalie, Schnieder.

Last time we got him for 4 goals. Hopefully we don't come out and play like we've already won the game.

Luongo never plays at the X. We put 4 or 5 behind Scheider last games a well. I think Vancouver has a few injuries as well. Good time to play them. We need all the points we can get. We need to keep the children of the corn in check and we will be fine.

Very tough loss considering they really outplayed the Canucks. Heck we out shot them 29-14. Oh well gotta go out and keep up the good play and the wins will continue to come.