• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

I figured we might as well get a pre/post game banter thread going for the season while it's October. Here's to a good season!

7lpg92wvh30xu98qr8gccz5jw.gif

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• spearchucker

• Bear55

• 10,000 Casts

Exciting game last night. It was good to see the power play working for a change. I never would have thought we would put the hurt on the Canucks like that. After going up 6-1 in the 2nd I thought things were going to really get out of hand. Rypien grabbing that fan was crazy and I'm curious what the fines/suspension will be. Unless the fan said something absolutely malicious I didn't see him do anything other than a sarcastic clap.

Overall, good confidence booster for the wild and fans alike. Let's hope the momentum can carry forward into Thursdays game. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing these two teams play on Friday in Vancouver!

I can believe no one has commented on the fight last night...you know the one between the Canuck's Rypien and the WILD FAN!!!

Really, not much of a fight since the fan was simply clapping while Rypien decided to tried to grab him. I'm guessing 20 game suspension.

Great response by the Wild. The Clutterbuck/Latendress/Havlat? goal was really nice.

I agree pretty crazy attack on the fan, looked like he was just clapping, totally uncalled for. Heck even if the guy was saying anything these guys should be use to that.

I don't think that Rypien will be suited up on Friday, as he'll likely be suspended for the rematch. I hope that the Wild make it up to the fan though, since they removed him from his seat for no reason. The kid should get a set of free tickets to another upcoming game.

What was up with Luongo allowing six goals? I'll take them any day but that was pretty out of character.

I wish i could watch it, dish network sucks!! They are going to force me to buy the NHL center ice package... ughhhh

Great game by the Wild! I too have dish network and didn't get to watch it!

Walleyes, you ahould have center ice right now for free.. and they will black out the games that are on FSN. It's a NO WIN..

Great game by the WIld last night.

Hopefully they can keep that intensity going into the road trip to Canada.

Should be a great game Friday night in Vancouver.

I don't think that Rypien will be suited up on Friday, as he'll likely be suspended for the rematch. I hope that the Wild make it up to the fan though, since they removed him from his seat for no reason. The kid should get a set of free tickets to another upcoming game.

What was up with Luongo allowing six goals? I'll take them any day but that was pretty out of character.

They just moved them down to on the glass seats. They showed them on TV during the 3rd period, so they never got kicked out.

Luongo is terrible at the X, he usually gets pulled after a period or 2. I was at the Vancouver game 2 years ago when we beat them 5-1 and there were tons of fights. Should be a good game up there.

Ahhh, I guess that I shouldn't have given up control of the remote when Mrs. Skunked Again stated out that the score was 6-1 and that fights weren't as interesting as CSI. I could have made a good case against it but figured I'd win the war and not the battle!

I went out and bought another TV specifically for that reason. I was getting quite a few complaints about the amount of hockey that was on...now she gets to watch teen mom (MTV is by far the worst channel out there), I get my hockey.

Read the latest article and following blog on the Trib...hilarious! The guy is calling it assult and consequently getting roasted for seeking legal representation.

Here's my favorite so far:

"My grandma tugs harder on my shirt when she says hello."

Another says he should be allowed to flog Rypien for 5 minutes with a dead carp.

Funny stuff, definitely a good read!

I agree. No need for that. He received his 15 minutes of fame, Rypien is suspended. What more does this guy want? It's funny how a lot of people initially were behind this guy (me included) but now with him seeking legal representation nobody wants anything to do with him.

If wish Enquist would have gotten worked over now. What a wimp. He is going to make all MN fans look like babies. Why do you deserve money for someone grabbing your shirt?

"Don't none of you homos touch me or my stuff. You touch me...I'll kill you. You touch my stuff...I'll kill you."

All comedy aside, I am definitely in favor of more prisons, just NIMBY!

Where in the world does anyone think it is ok for someone to get physical with someone under the guise of "in the heat of the moment" or under an excuse of anger?

I say...Gas Chamber for the offender.

But then again, I do also believe in "ye without sin, cast the first stone".

I agree. No need for that. He received his 15 minutes of fame, Rypien is suspended. What more does this guy want? It's funny how a lot of people initially were behind this guy (me included) but now with him seeking legal representation nobody wants anything to do with him.

Feel the same way, gotta love when people lawyer up over nothing.

i am probably the last one in the US to finally youtube that. Fan is being a fan, a smart arse to the opposing team. Rypien has no right going after him, but after watching, not worth getting a lawyer either

Another good showing last night. We've always seemed to struggle at Edmonton so it's good to pull one off. Power play was great, what do we have 12-13 pp goals now? I know it's still early but putting pucks in the net has always been an issue so it's good to see things clicking. Penalty kill looked good stopping 8/10, not too shabby. This year it seems like positioning on both PP and PK seems to be much more thought out. Last year it seemed we would run around a lot more and really struggled staying organized. Backstrom had a strong game with 34ish saves.

Tonight's gonna be a good one to watch!

I didn't get to see it but another nice win for the Wild, much better start then last year and the O seems to be clicking.

It was good to see them pull out a win in Edmonton, but 10 penalties on the first night of a back to back is a killer.

I'm traveling for work so I didn't get to see the game against the Canucks since they for some reason don't broadcast Wild games in Asia...who knew! But, reading the article on the STrib on it, it didn't sound too good. Sounded like we were gassed from the start.

Touche wink

Well, the Wild go up against LA tomorrow. I'm guessing they'll have a better showing than the Vancouver game. Call it optimism, but things might be better for us than they previously looked. If Richards can inspire the type of play we saw against the Canucks (the first time around) in the guys all season, we will be a playoff team. Not a contendor, but a playoff team. I guess I'll just have to read the game notes.

The Wild did not look very good at all Friday night against the Canucks. I think they were still tired from the win in the previous game againt the Oliers. Theodore was in net for the first time and he looked just OK, not great.

I hope we can continue to win 2, loose 1 ...etc. (or better) if not, it could be another long season.

Go Wild!

They need to quit all the penalties. You can't kill 10 penalties against a good team all the time. The PK kills the legs of our good players. I didn't see much of the Fri. Vancouver game, but it sounded like we had trouble getting the puck out of Vancouver's zone. Can't fault Theodore completely on that.

I thought Theodore looked pretty good out there. He was absolutely peppered by shots the first 2 periods and the Sedins can be pretty dangerous on awkward angle shots. We really need to stay out of the box to have a fighting chance this year.

The Wild p##### another one away last night with a march to the penalty box again. Just stupid penalties that skating instead of reaching will fix.

Yes, we have got to stay out of the box. This is getting ridiculous. Didn't Koivu have 2 penalties last night? It's gonna be a tough home stay if we keep getting these penalties. On the positive side, Schultz put one on the board and has now tied his last season goal record. smile It also sounds like Bouchard has been given the go ahead for contact by the doctors....hopefully he can contribute on offense this season.

Also, I missed the hit on Antti Miettinen. Any idea on how he's doing? Did he miss the rest of the game?