• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey This weekend

scsavre

]You bet you a.. technicality.

Denver - MSU Split

CC - AA- Denver sweep

Wisc - UMD, UMD sweep, they are due to get it back together

UM - UND, UM 3 points (A sweep would be nice,what a better way to seal my bet)

Bem - UNO Split

Excuses, excuses. I live up to my bet. I'm secure enough to go to the dark side if I happen to lose. Hey, if the Gophers snap my teams streak. I have no problem congratulating them. I hope to see Minnesota go back to being a contender. It makes the WCHA a better league IMO.

Who do you have winning the CC vs AA series? you have Denver sweeping in that one.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I bit on that disclaimer so I will go down in flames if I have to. Plenty of time to still catch the Sioux sleeping, who knows if they clinch the WCHA a weekend early that just might be the ticket for a sweep at Tech.

I think I bit on that disclaimer so I will go down in flames if I have to. Plenty of time to still catch the Sioux sleeping, who knows if they clinch the WCHA a weekend early that just might be the ticket for a sweep at Tech.

I could see that happening. My biggest fear in this bet is having to do the bet through the final 5 or 6(whatever it is now)and part of the NCAA playoff. It will be painful cry

I better start putting the 90proof blantons down before I type.

I meant CC sweep

At this point for the Gophs 2002 NC, they were 17-4-3 never swept all year. 2003 they were 13-6-5. Man schedules were better back them. None of the fluff.

The Sioux are 17-5-2, (17-6-3 on sunday) hard numbers to argue.

]At this point for the Gophs 2002 NC, they were 17-4-3 never swept all year. 2003 they were 13-6-5. Man schedules were better back them. None of the fluff.

The Sioux are 17-5-2, (17-6-3 on sunday) hard numbers to argue.

I really hope your Sioux record on Sunday proves correct. Of course 17-7-2 would be acceptable as well.

I thought I remememberd those Gopher teams having a more mediocre first half record and then really rolling in the 2nd half. Guess my memory isn't all that great.

I guess you could say the second year was a little slow of a start.

How about this,

In 2006-7 Gophs were 20-1-2 right now. Crazy. that was back when we were the #1 overall like 3 times and have 2 wins to show for it.

Go Gophers, Ill be watching the DVR tonight, as I commited to being at the wild game tonight. what a drag. Atleast I can fast forward. Or maybe I will do a double header and just watch it at 3pm tomorrow.

I did not use to fast forward Gopher broadcasts because I'd miss all the Woog-isms. Now you just have to watch the 5-10 minutes of pre-game Wooger. Still I'd opt for the Saturday double header. Extra beer drinking by game #2 that way.

I did not use to fast forward Gopher broadcasts because I'd miss all the Woog-isms. Now you just have to watch the 5-10 minutes of pre-game Wooger. Still I'd opt for the Saturday double header. Extra beer drinking by game #2 that way.

I like the way you think solbes. It's really what makes the State Hockey tourney so great, you watch one game and magically you get to watch another game and double down on beer!

[Homer's voice] mmmm.... Beeerrr

It's what makes winter so tolerable. Hockey too of course.

Speaking of that, I have 5 gallons of homemade beer in my fridge right now. Bott'lr up on Monday.

I have been meaning to get into home brew forever, I think I need to quick talking/thinking about it and just dive in.

I got a kit for Christmas. It's not that hard really, especially the extract brews. There's a thread over in the cooking section about it.

Wow, is all I can say about Friday's games. That worked out well for UMD. Dogs need a win tonight. I doubt the top teams will duplicate the same results.

Hey, home brew, sounds like a reason for a get together. My buddy and i just made 5 gallons of caribou Slobber 2 weeks ago. Only problem is we gotta wait another 4 weeks to drink it.

Go gophers.

I didn't listen to the UMD game, just kept getting updates on my phone from the WCHA website. It's really good this year, if you haven't checked it out. You can click on the "score" on the live scoreboard page. Takes you to a really nice scoresheet that's automatically updated. Gets me by this year I guess. I've never been able to listen to the radio and watch a game on TV at the same time.

Homebrew get together, sounds dangerous but fun. This was my first batch of anything so my expectations aren't that high. American Amber, should be pretty middle of the road. Next up are a Kolsch cold ale, then a Belgian Tripel (3 month wait in fermenter), and finally a german wheat. Cariboo Slobber must be a Moose Drool clone, sounds good. I just bought some of that last night, weird.

I think it is a MD rip off. That was our first batch too. Some thing, my buddy got it all for xmas. It is really easy to make. He orders the stuff from a place in STP. Once we get good at it I want to start experimenting on how to really make beer. this stuff is more mixing and waiting.

I made Potatoe vodka once. Passed out within 3 hrs of consumption. Every sip was terrible, but did the trick I guess.

Looks like the 3rd period had some extracurricular activity.

WIS-5 Podge Turnbull (2-Roughing) 9:19

MND-3 Justin Fontaine (2-Shooting after the Whistle) 9:19

MND-4 Justin Fontaine (10-Misconduct) 9:19

MND-5 Travis Oleksuk (2-Roughing) WIS 0x3 9:19

WIS-6 Justin Schultz (2-Tripping) MND 2x5 9:52

MND-6 J.T. Brown (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 20:00

MND-7 J.T. Brown (2-Cross-Checking) 20:00

Omaha is on a skid, right down to 6 or 7th place, soon enough.

How about dogs loosing, giving UND first again.

How about CC getting swept and MSU almost winning last night. Its gonna be a battle for 4,5 and 6 place in the WCHA this season. Have to see who gets on the hot streak.

I do like UND's remaining schedule. They have UNO at home next weekend.

It is going to be a battle for 1-2-3. All within a point or 2. 4-5-6 will be a mess to figure out. There will be some tie breakers to consider.

North Dakota has a cake schedule remaining, they shouldnt loose more then a game or 2 until they get to STP in March.

And dont worry, the Gophs will steal some points from Denver when we play them.

]

And dont worry, the Gophs will steal some points from Denver when we play them.

Starting to get confident in your team? Hopefully UND will help Minnesota with games against UNO, CC and SCSU.

I feel the same way as I did before the year. They are right where I thought they would be. I predicted 5 maybe 4th. I think that is what they will get.

We stole 2 points from UND, 3 points from UMD, seems logical to think we can steal a few from Denver. we play up to good teams, down to bad teams. that sounds like lack of coaching and motivation to me...

Here's my picks for this week

UNO @ UND-UND sweep

AA @ Denver-Denver sweep

SCSU @ BSU-split

MSU @ Wisconsin-split

UMD @ Mich Tech-UMD sweep

First off, I am getting really annoyed with all these off-weekends the gophers have. I think we have played 2 series since the middle of december. Has it been like this for all teams.

UNO @ UND Split

AA @ Denver-Split

SCSU @ BSU-SCSU sweep

MSU @ Wisconsin-split

]First off, I am getting really annoyed with all these off-weekends the gophers have. I think we have played 2 series since the middle of december. Has it been like this for all teams.

UNO @ UND Split

AA @ Denver-Split

SCSU @ BSU-SCSU sweep

MSU @ Wisconsin-split

I agree. Don't think SCSU is going to sweep BSU. Both teams desperately need points and both seem to be playing well. Blaiser may pull off a tie in Grand Forks one night.

UNO @ UND Split

AA @ Denver-Split

SCSU @ BSU-Split

MSU @ Wisconsin-Bucky Sweep

UMD @ Mich Tech-Bulldogs sweep

Brooks picks

Here's my picks for this week

UNO @ UND-UND sweep (WRONG)

AA @ Denver-Denver sweep

SCSU @ BSU-split

MSU @ Wisconsin-split

ONly missed one so far. What happened in GF.

So shoot me. Can't a guy be wrong.

For the record that game was ugly for my team. I'm not making excuses UNO beat the he!! out of UND in the 1st and second period. I think Brett Hextal cost us a few goals with stupid penalties. I doubt he'll play tonight. I think UNO was on the powerplay in the second for most of the period. Three consecutive 3x5. To UNO credit they came out hitting. Clean hits at that. You cannot underestimate there coaching staff. There team was ready to play. By the start of the 3rd period UND was down 7-1. UND outshot UNO 37 to 33 but there was good goaltending there.

Yah, I read the articles, sounds like Hackstol said coaching was the difference and Genoway said it was his teams immaturity or stupid penalties.

I guess you can be wrong.

I think I am about 10% in my predictions.

By the way first time UND gave up at least 8 goals at home in like 20 years. they lost to a different team 10-1 the last time.

letting in 8 goals for the gophers, that is good defense for us.

Will I guess UND pick a good week to get there buts kick. The Gopher fans have something to watch on there bye week.

To UND's credit. They came back in the third and scored a few goals. It was a strange game. Nothing went right for UND. I'm talking bounces open net misses. UND just seem to get frustated and lost it for awhile and then came back in the third and played well. I look at this game as a good rood awakening. Maybe the whole weekend will be a good rude awakening. Got to think positive.

I thought the last weekend was an awakening for them too.

5-3 shorthanded. Cant win games getting those.