• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey This weekend

scsavre

It will be interesting how UND does tonight. I'm curious if Hak benches Hexy. I'll be at the game tonight.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting pretty crowded up here isn't it? 1 point from 1st to 3rd. UNO will not back off either and are only 3 points out of 1st.

Anchorage was so close to tieing Denver up last night. Nice win for St Cloud last night. With the WCHA playoff system you're never out. A few teams lately have gotten into the F5 and made a run.

I have a feeling that some of these teams will burn itself out before the tourney just trying to get to final 6. Even then you have another possible 3 or 4 games. Then the NCAA tourney the next week. Hope my team gets hot towards the end and stays that way.

Say Hi to Dean for us. I would think the Sioux come storming back Saturday night.

Puck drops in Houghton in 45 minutes. Some early power play goals would be great, Tech has a terrible penalty kill.

Go Seawolves!! Please pull out a win tonight.

Nice sweep for SCSU this weekend. I'm hoping they aren't dead yet.

the Beavers did not look good at all sure they had some good chances here and there, I didn't find anyone exciting on the team to watch but enjoyed St.Cloud's performance...I've always like watching LeBlanc back in HS and now. Hopefully Beavers will be able to recruit well in the future with the new rink addition.

Sewolves couldn't pull it out. Denver continues to roll onward.

Very nice come back in the 3rd by the Sioux. I had certain thoughts for awhile, but those thoughts were not meant to be... Oh and that new rule about serving a minor penalty even after the other team scored on the delayed penalty...LAME!

UMD recorded it's first series shutout in team history, 67 years. One for each goalie which has to be a shot in the arm for confidence (Kenny has 2 in his last 3 starts). Okay, it was Tech and they are bad, slow,and terrible this year.

Off week for UMD and Denver this week, so all eyes will be on UND vs CC.

Almost forgot, we have a couple more chances for Yale losses this upcoming weekend. They play Union and RPI on the road (top 10 teams each). Hoping there is some bad mojo for the "Other Bulldogs".

the Beavers did not look good at all sure they had some good chances here and there,

I haven't seen BSU a lot this year so not sure if they were off. I did think Sat. the Huskies had a ton of good scoring opportunities and the score could have been much worse. Also Lee looks like he is getting into a zone. Eddy has been huge since coming back and they aren't missing Hepp's usual 3 penalties per game since he left.

This is the first year I had very high expectations and the Huskies seem to have flopped. The year isn't over but this may be a little too late. Still holding out hope that this is the start of a run for them. With their terrible start there is hardly any room for error though. Good news is they have a tough schedule which will give them a chance to move up in the Pairwise.

i think UND is hitting a rough patch in the road. Thats alright I think they will turn it on when they need to here on out. It was a nice win for them on Saturday.

This weekend picks are

Minnesota vs AA-4pts Gophers, they can't afford to not sweep

Wisconsin vs Mich Tech-4 pts Badgers

Mankato vs SCSU-split, this would be a good game to watch both teams need pts

UND vs CC-UND sweep

Minnesota vs AA- 3 pts UMN

Wisconsin vs Mich Tech- Sconny sweep

Mankato vs SCSU-3 pts SCSU

UND vs CC-Split. Still not convinced Sioux will get "back on track" this weekend.

Minnesota vs AA-Goldy plays down to opponent and misses sweep, split

Wisconsin vs Mich Tech-Bucky sweep, Tech has problems

Mankato vs SCSU-Huskie sweep, teams on opposite trends

UND vs CC-3 points UND.

I can't figure CC out this year. They get on a hot streak for a couple of series and then turn it completely upside down.

Weird time for a weekend break, like BSU, DU, and UMD have. Omaha plays 'Bama so that's pretty much a week off too. There have only been 2 or 3 series since the long holiday break for some of these teams and they are off again.

Minnesota vs AA-4pts Gophers

Wisconsin vs Mich Tech-4 pts Badgers

Mankato vs SCSU-split

UND vs CC-UND 3 points UND

Oh sorry grin. I meant to say wasting. "Your wasting your predictions with these picks".

Ok so far your prediction is right on that one.

Oh sorry grin. I meant to say wasting. "Your wasting your predictions with these picks".

Ok so far your prediction is right on that one.

The bet ends tonight! CC in over time!

I'll be enjoying the game tonight with some of these:

046toz.jpg

Our first hombrew, an Amber with some good hops, is carbonated up and ready for consumption. Pretty tasty. Hopefully get a tad better yet with some aging. When's that Cariboo Slobber ready?

EDIT: forgot to mention some hockey. RPI up on Yale 1-0 after one.

Cheers fellas. UND survived another weekend. UND is idle next week and then four more series to go smile

Watch the end of the Minnesota game. It look like they were snake bitten by another hot goalie. Yale lost twice this weekend. Miami/Notre Dame tied and UNO lost to Alabama-Huntsville in O/T despite outshoting them 59 to 19.

I went to the Minnesota/Alaska game on Saturday night. Minnesota was in the Alaska end throughout most of the first two periods but both goalies played well. The game got physical and ugly in the second period. With a 2-to-1 shots on goal advantage, Minnesota was due to break the scoreless deadlock. Wrong. Minnesota came out for third ready to scrap and fight some more, the Seawolves concentrated on hockey again. They outshot the Gophers and got the critical goal.

It was an entertaining game but the Gopher players forget that they were on the ice to play hockey, not to fight.

What little I saw of Saturday's game looked pretty good. I like to watch those tight games sometimes. Unfortunately the wife took control of the remote control and we watched the Australian Open instead.

Gopher Bulldog games this weekend up in Duluth. I'm pumped. Minnesota is going to play tough since they didn't get the 4 points they wanted last weekend. I expect really close games, as they always seem to be.

This weeks picks

BSU vs Mankato-split

UMD vs Minnesota-UMD sweep

Michigan Tech vs AA-split

SCSU vs UNO-Mavericks will win one game

Denver vs CC-Denver sweep

BSU vs Mankato - split

UMD vs Minnesota - UMD 3 pts

Michigan Tech vs AA - Brooms for Seawolves (22 winless streak for Tech)

SCSU vs UNO - split

Denver vs CC - split

Whooaa, my only sweep was from AA? I should go lay down for awhile.

Go Colorado College!!

My picks - Now who is keeping tabs on these to see if any of us have any idea of what we are talking about.

BSU vs Mankato-split

UMD vs Minnesota-Split

Michigan Tech vs AA-AA sweep

SCSU vs UNO-3 pooints

Denver vs CC-Split