• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey This weekend

scsavre

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Bemidji is going to be able to compete with with the other junior colleges for a road slot in the tournament. Not quite so easy being in a real conference. Go Sioux.

How about them Sioux. It was a tight game halfway through.

Minnesota and Wisconsin might have to win the F5 to make the tourney. SCSU is starting to look like the team the coaches pick to finish second in the WCHA in the beginning of the year. Minnesota might have them in a couple weeks.

Ouch, this year is setting up almost like last year. Guess my expectations are bottoming out again.

Huskies, Gophers, and Sioux are playing well. I would not want to play any of them in the opening round of the playoffs.

WCHA standings

UND 39pts

Denver 35pts

UNO 34pts

UMD 33pts

Minnesota28pts

CC 26pts

Wisconsin25pts

SCSU 24pts

AA 20pts

MSU 20pts

BSU 20pts

MT 6pts

First Husky game I got to go see on Saturday. Guess I should have gotten to more games this year. Was 7-1 and the Badgers got a couple in the last minute. Hopefully my team can make a run yet.

I saw Frazee give up 2 from center ice at the NHC in one game. Unfortunately the second one was offsides so it didn't count.

Ouch, this year is setting up almost like last year. Guess my expectations are bottoming out again.

Huskies, Gophers, and Sioux are playing well. I would not want to play any of them in the opening round of the playoffs.

I agree 100%. I think MN would much rather face Bucky than SCSU in the first round. MN, UND, Omaha and dare I say SCSU are peaking at the right time. Mankato will be a tough out - CC could be a tough out and even AA could take a team to game 3. What happened to Duluth? And Bucky was exposed for what they were this year.

BSU learned how difficult the WCHA is - but kudos to the coaches for squeezing every drop out of CHA talent. They'll give the Gophs all they want this weekend.

I saw Frazee give up 2 from center ice at the NHC in one game. Unfortunately the second one was offsides so it didn't count.

I remember that game, this is going to sound funny but that was the game that pretty much ended his NCAA career and had him sign with the nhl early. Its hard to imagine a guy not playing well in the NCAA to go pro but I think he was a semi-high draft pick and clearly needed a change of scenery.

They'll give the Gophs all they want this weekend.

I think you are right, Gophs are playing well right now but I kind of fear Bemidji taking a point or two this weekend when we really need to sweep them.

Yeah, being a coach I was actually feeling sorry for Frazee that night. Hate to see that happen to any kid. Kind of like I hate to beat any team real bad. I think it feels worse than getting beat bad.

Going to be a muddled weekend in the WCHA. I think the Gophs will hold onto 5th place and host. After that I think there are too many possible scenarios to predict what will happen. I'm really hoping that SCSU and MN DON'T meet in the first round as I'd like to see them both make it to the Final Five in St. Paul. Although I'll be there no matter who makes it.

No comments about the fista cuffs in the goph game Saturday. That great to see a freshman throwing big league bombs

Wasnt much gooning. There was some wrestling going on. Parentue a freshman at the U. Was going at it pretty good. Finally he shook off his glove and landed 3 big blows. It was 3 of the best landed punches I have seen in college in awhile. It had been getting pretty chipping. Nothing too cheap from either side though. Good thing it was only one of our guys who never plays.

I would say Shorelunch has about as much chance of losing the PickEm as UND has of losing the McNaughton. Results for the week: ScSavr 4, Solbes 4, Shorelunch 5, cbrooks 7, Bear 7.

Cumulative:

1) Shorelunch 1.06 w/ 7 weeks

2) Solbes 1.13 w/ 12 weeks

3) ScSavr 1.15 w/ 8 weeks

4) Cbrooks 1.32 w/ 12 weeks

5) Bear 1.84 w/ 6 weeks

1 more week to go, and then we get to watch some playoff action. Always a good time in college hockey. Quite a few surprises the last couple of years.

Ok I have given these picks some very serious thought and it's do or die time. I have picked to Sioux to get swept every weekend but now I have to dig deep into my bag of tricks and put a curse on them.

SIOUX SWEEP!!!

Gopher Sweep

Denver/Cloud Split

AA Sweep

UNO Sweep

CC/WI Split

My picks

UND sweep

Minnesota sweep

UNO/UMD split

Wisconsin/CC split

Denver sweep

AA/Mankato split

Bear and Savre don't pay up on the bet yet. We'll do a double or nothing. I will give you an offer you can't refuse.

grin

Get to work Brooks, I am going to tell your boss you are on these forums all day.

Terms......

The pressure's on. Should be a fantastic hockey weekend - and hopefully some good hky in Bemidji.

UND-Tech: UND sweep

Minnesota-BSU: MN 3 points. I'm being optimistic for BSU. Tough weekend in GF for BSU.

UNO-UMD: UNO 3 points. Blaiser has em going, UMD sliding.

Wisconsin-CC: Split. Can Sconny stop their bleeding?

Denver-SCSU: Split. SCSU is a nightmare first round match-up.

AA-Mankato: Split. Kato will be a tough out too.

UND-Tech: Sioux sweep

Minnesota-BSU: Goldy sweep

UNO-UMD: UMD 3 pts, maybe time for Dogs to actually play on Friday

Wisconsin-CC: Split

Denver-SCSU: DU 3 pts

AA-Mankato: Split

UND-Tech: Sioux sweep

Minnesota-BSU: Goldy sweep

UNO-UMD: Split

Wisconsin-CC: Split

Denver-SCSU: Split

AA-Mankato: AA sweep

So what does Shorelunch get for first?

WCHA standings for 2011

UND........21-6-1...43pts

Denver.....17-8-3...37pts

UNO........17-9-2...36pts

UMD........15-8-5...35pts

Minnesota..13-10-5..31pts

CC.........13-13-2..28pts

Wisconsin..12-13-3..27pts

AA.........12-14-2..26pts

SCSU.......11-13-4..26pts

BSU........8-15-5...21pts

MSU........8-16-4...20pts

MT.........2-24-2...6pts

First round WCHA playoff next week

UND vs MT

Denver vs MSU

UNO vs BSU-BSU leads this series 3-0-1

UMD vs SCSU

Minnesota vs AA

CC vs Wisconsin-Wisconsin season ends next week

Gophers have to be happy with Alaska, that UMD SCSU series should be interesting, same goes for BSU and UNO.

Well the Pick'em got pretty close. Shorelunch still won, but not by much. Not bad at all for Shorelunch at 0.98, that's tough to do. Off by less than 1 point per weekend series. Also, nice job last week Bear. Once you picked the UND sweep things started to turn around for you!

Weekly results: ScSavr 1 (SOOOO CLOSE), Bear 3, Shorelunch 3, cbrooks 5, Solbes 5

Season Results:

1) Shorelunch 0.98, 8 weeks

2) ScSavr 1.02, 9 weeks

3) Solbes 1.10, 13 weeks

4) Cbrooks 1.28, 13 weeks

5) Bear 1.63, 7 weeks

We did end up watching the B2 broadcast. Much better quality than the couple of times we used it last time. Not great, but certainly not bad.

Duluth played a pretty solid game. Great forecheck and pretty complete game. Motzko got a little crazy and pulled Lee at 4:20, but it worked and St Cloud got within one almost right away. Lots of posts n' pipes for UMD (5 I think) and decent play out of Reiter. The goals he allowed were easier, but he made some nice saves too. Putting together 2 in a row has been Duluth's problem in the 2nd half, so we'll see.

Sounds like a heartbreaker for Gophers. I expect them to rebound tomorrow night. Cool to see Mankato up 2-0 on Denver. Congrats to Bemidji!!! Nice game.

MTU, well I'm sure their season can't end soon enough. Football score again by UND.

Gophs are poorly prepared team. I am getting tired of saying that though. We need a change.

I tell ya it was tied with 6 minutes left or so and that stupid Fin Haula 2 hand chops a guy right in front of the ref. an absolute more on play. I would have benched his arse. But of coarse he was right back out there. I dont even want to read the post game comments by Lucia, I am getting real tired of talking about how good we played, when they loose.

Good for beavers, I dont think I did a pickem, I was thinking 3 game though. Beavers match up good with Blais style hockey.

Way to go Dogs too.

Looks like some important teams lost that would help the Gophs too. Cloud, W Mich. Dartmouth and Maine. It moved the gophs to 16, Man a win woulda been nice.

100 minutes and no winner on the UMD game yet. Over 60 shots on Lee and he still looks very strong. Saint Cloud is down to 3 or 4 defenseman, one guy was limping off the ice as play went on around. Com on Dogs.

Congrats to the Beavers. I see Denver just won, that's too bad. Mankato played them tough both nights.

Gophers have to be happy with Alaska

sickfrown

Time to cheer for my backup teams Bemidji and UMD, go Beavdogs!