• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Post season roster

Eric Wettschreck

Baker should not be a starter. Long relief at best, but not start.

Moreneau should not even be on the roster.

Punto, (I really like the guy) should be there for utility roles or late inning pinch running only.

Other thoughts??

They've already set the pitching rotation. Liriano, Pavano, Duensing, Blackburn in that order. Baker and Slowey are probably fighting for a bullpen spot, one of them may not make the post season roster at least for the divisional series. The roster can be changed for the Championship Series and also the World Series.

Blackburn has pitched his way onto the starting roster. He is the best option as far as less risky option goes when looking at stats. He has definitely pitched better, and up to standards since being recalled. But we do have a pretty decent 1,2,3. It's at least as good as Tampas and Texas. Unfortunately, if we play the Yanks, we'll need a little bit of help from the offense to win those games. Looking forward to it already though!

We got our seats the other night. 18 rows behind 3rd base line, section 124 (if I remember correctly)

If I was gonna set up the rotation Id go

Pavano, Blackburn and Duensing

Got a feeling Liriano is gonna blow a game against a quality opponent

For me, Duensing scares the heck out of me. I seriously do not understand how he does it. Smoke and mirrors? He is definitely pitching great, I sure hope it holds up in post season. No indications he shouldn't though. I'd Go with Pavano, Lariano, Balckburn. Duensing to be the 4th starter if needed, or in relief.

Got to be tough to tell either Baker or Slowey they won't be on the post season roster. It'll be interesting to see how they take it. I heard on the radio yesterday mention of a past starter that didn't make the post season roster, didn't take it too well, and is no longer with the team. Anybody know who that was? Garza 2006 maybe?

i think liriano's success depends a lot on who's calling balls and strikes. if his sliders down and on the corners get called - he's lights out. if they don't - he walks too many guys and can run into trouble.

Moreneau should not even be on the roster.

This is a tough one. I wonder if Twin's don't know if his status would improve or not. If I was Gardy I would want active players that can play not maybe play. Even if he does play how effective will he be after being inactive for so long. Maybe he should tell Gardy for the betterment of the team he should volunteer to be left off first round playoff roster. If team moves on and he is cleared to play he can be active for next series. I think Jose' Morales should be on the playoff roster. He played 1st base and did pretty good. Hate to lose a player that plays pretty good offensively/defensively now that he has shown he can play 1st base and catch. He could give Gardy more options because he can play more than one position whereas Morneau only can play 1st base.

The reason I say keep bustin Justin off the roster is he hasn't played or seen real pitching in months. Not saying I don't like the guy, but you manage with your brain and not your heart.

The team has done very well with him on the pine. Why mess with it?

Yeah it's a tough call for Gardy but that's why he makes the big bucks.

As much as it pains me to say... no morneau on the postseason roster.

1. not playing since July cant be good for anyone to come back from and perform at a high level.

2. dont mess with the team chemistry that has worked since he has was injured.

If I was gonna set up the rotation Id go

Pavano, Blackburn and Duensing

Got a feeling Liriano is gonna blow a game against a quality opponent

I'd go Blackie, Duensing, Pavano, Liriano if we play Tampa which seems most likely at this point. I like Pav and Liriano pitching games 3 and 4 on the road!

No surprise with Gardys picks though probably the best decision for the long hall.

How can you NOT put Liriano #1 or 2? Just because he choked in a big game or two years ago? He's a different pitcher now and may be the best we've got. If he's not "on" it doesn't matter if he's 1st or 4th, we're not going to win.

Personally, Id go Liriano, Pavano, Duensing, Blackie. Baker as the long guy in the pen, sorry Slowey, odd man out.

Slowey will be the odd man out if I had a say in it. Morneau out. As bucketmouth said, you need guys on the roster that can play. If his squash ain't right then it's no different than a busted leg or torn shoulder. He's of no use except for team spirit.

The scary thing for me is the young guys. We've got Delmon, Span, Valencia, and Duensing all as starters with little to no big game or playoff experience. Those guys need to keep riding the wave against veteran teams in the post season.

As my grandpa used to say, anyone can sink a put from 1 foot away when things don't really matter. It takes a big set to drop a 1 foot putt with $1 million on the line.

If I was the guy making the roster...

Starting Pitchers in order...

Liriano

Pavano

Deunsing

Blackburn

Bullpen

Capps

Guerrier

Fuentes

Crain

Mijares

Rauch

Slowey...I don't trust Baker... it seems he doesn't care.

Starting Lineup

Span

Hudson

Mauer

Cuddy

Thome

Young

Kubel

Valencia

Hardy

Bench

Morales

Casilla

Punto

Repko

Morneau(if there is a remote chance he can hit).... otherwise that means a guy like Tolbert or Revere or Butera.. a 3rd catcher

I think Morneau has been hitting regularily, off of MLB pitching, but he can't run.. so I have a feeling we will be without him again.

You've got to think a 3rd catcher with Mauer gimpy.

Not so sure. There's plenty of off days during the play-offs. You can always add another catcher at the start of the next series if needed. I don't think you need the third catcher for a short 5 game series anyway.

And I like coach's lineup, a lot.

yah, the reason for the 3rd catche is if Mauer DH's and the starting catcher gets hurt. Then you lose the DH. I don't see Mauer doing any Dh'ing in the post season.

I don't like Rauch. Seems like he is always tagged with a run when he pitches which means he puts runners on base. Can Morneau be on the bench for support if he is left off playoff roster?

Mijares hasn't earned a spot on the roster all year. I'd much rather have Baker OR Slowey in the pen, even though it would hurt match-ups.

I don't see anyway the Twins go into the playoffs with Fuentes as the only lefty out of the pen.... If you want two lefties in the pen and no Mijares, that means a guy like Perkins or Flores.... Perkins has been the LONG guy, but with Slowey or Baker there, you don't have a huge need for that.... should be an interesting decision..