• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Up She Comes - St Croix going to Action Stage

SteveD

Prediction Service is forecasting the river to be at 681' by Wednesday, 29 September. That will pose some issues for boaters - I will have trouble getting under the Stillwater bridge with my canvas up on the pontoon. I'll end up having to cross during the normal lift bridge schedule times which is not that big of a deal. Bridge opening schedule is in effect until 15 October. The bridge opens on its schedule if boat traffic is present otherwise it doesn't open.

It shouldn't affect the sturgeon bite too much. I've caught sturgeon during high water and the bite was pretty much normal. It will probably affect those chasing other species so you will have to resort to your high water tactics.

At 683' the Minnesota & Wisconsin DNR impose No Wake restrictions. Hopefully we are not going to get enough rain to reach those levels.

Ya that's a lot of water that is going to fall and drain in there in this coming storm. But I was on the river last night and it didn't seem bad to me at all, but I'm a newb as far as the croix. I didn't think the current was much stronger than any of the other MN rivers I have been on. However, I would like to seethe water level and current go down

This high water has messed with the crappie fishing for me all year. One week it is fantastic and the next you have to do a seach mission before you can find them and get into them again. Probably be mid October before i can consistently get into some crappies on a regular basis again where I fish.

Tunrevir~