• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does Gardy FINALLY Win Manager of the Year?????

mr_jman

Yeah, but Ron Washington is right there...might be one of the few times that someone else deserves it as much or more than Gardy.

I'd be shocked if he didn't win it this year. He's been in the top three or four so many times, and he did a nice job this year without his best run producer. I think he'll get it as a sort of lifetime achievement award.

Now to see if he can finally win in the playoffs...

I don't see anyone else that stands out as much as Gardie. The Twins truly are a model franchise with the entire team chipping in throughout the entire year including guys that are coming off the bench and coming up from AAA or AA.

Yeah, but Ron Washington is right there...might be one of the few times that someone else deserves it as much or more than Gardy.

so who do YOU give it to? The cokehead with the stacked team or Gardy?

Gardy all the way. As I read in some comments in SI a couple of weeks ago:

"2 years from now Washington will be on a street corner in Detroit drinking a Colt 45, Gardy will still be winning divisions" grin

I would like to see him win it. With that being said, we were expected to be this good and be a challanger in the American league because of our line up. We as Minnesota sport fans expect mediocraty and are always stunned when we are better than good. The Twins have had the talent from day one our record really shouldn't be a suprise. Gardy did a good job with good players, but probably not his best, or the leagues best this season.

Yes, the Twins were supposed to be good this year. But we did it without our closer and MVP first baseman for most of the season. We once again had players fill holes on our middle infield while those guys were hurt. Gardy deserves this award hands down this year!

It wasn't that long ago the Tigers were stacked with talent and they finished 3rd in the division (2008). You can have all the talent in the world, but it still takes good coaching from top to bottom to make the team successful!

Like I said I hope he gets the award. But did he do a better job than say the manager of the Rangers? They where expected to finish 3rd or last in the West. Now they are going to win the west and win 90+ games. That is a pretty impressive and deserving job, considering on "paper" didn't have the talent of the Twins line-up or pitching staff at the start of the season.

Again I hope Gardy wins it, but he's got stiff competion again this season for it.

Like I said I hope he gets the award. But did he do a better job than say the manager of the Rangers? They where expected to finish 3rd or last in the West. Now they are going to win the west and win 90+ games. That is a pretty impressive and deserving job, considering on "paper" didn't have the talent of the Twins line-up or pitching staff at the start of the season.

Again I hope Gardy wins it, but he's got stiff competion again this season for it.

HUH??????

come on sledneck, you know as well as I do all raving about how the Twins where going to have the best top to bottom line up in the majors, by the likes of ESPN, SI, ect. I read it as I'm sure you did also, so don't sound so suprised! Cripes! I guess they where spot on! They knew Texas had a great line up, they just though ours was going to be better from spot one to spot nine.

If Gardy doesn't win this year, the whole thing is a joke. With the issues regarding a new closer, losing an MVP first baseman, juggling until we found a 3rd baseman, his perfect usuage of Thome to keep him fresh and relatively healthy, dealing with a different pitching staff over and over again.... sorry, but if Gardy doesn't win this won, he won't ever win one. Washington did a good job too, but I don't think it compares to what Gardy has done.