• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, I live only a few blocks from the new pier. It's been a long summer without a decent boat landing near by. Now that it's finished, I must say they've left some things to be desired. No fish cleaning station, didn't change the parking lot at all, and it looks as though a good west wind blows the boat slips full of weeds. Not trying to be a critic, just a little disappointing. crazy Anybody else notice these things?

Ya I looked at it and there is nothing you can do about the wind in that area. Its better than it was as afr as launching a boat. As far as a fish cleaning area I didnt expect one. Too costly with the running water etc.

I wish they would have changed the lot too. One thing I didnt notice was bathrooms. Was there some or just porta potties again. I cant remember.

The old Pier Fisherman will be happy again.

It's a huge improvement over the old one. The launch had truckloads of material removed, allowiing a nice deep launch. And the fishing pier is second to none. What I don't get, is the placement of the boat wash station. I'm all for control of exotic species, but the position of the wash station ties up the launch. So unless it's not busy, I can see the line of angry boaters waiting for someone pulling out doing the right thing by washing off their boat. As I understand the plan, Gitchinadi Drive will be dead ended next year and all traffic will access the ramp through Belknap.