• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thompson Center Black Diamond Muzzleloader

IceKing72

Does anyone own a Black Diamond or has anyone hread anything or had any experience with one? I have a Thompson Center Omega and like it. I just want another muzzleloader because i enjoy shooting them and would like to buy a few more.

I just picked up a Black Diamond the other week, It was used, but the price was very right. I havent shot it yet, hoping to do that this week yet. It has been changed over to the 209 primer ignition so I'm hoping for good things. This is my first muzzleloader so we'll see how I do with it. But its a TC so it should be good

We have a Black Diamond. Love it. Shoots very, very well with 250 gr bullets and two sticks of Triple 7. Cleaning isn't that bad either. It is slightly muzzle heavy so it points easily and stays on target. We don't regret buying it at all.

This was my first BP, and it served me well. It shoots well and I still have it, but I have moved on to a Thompson Pro Hunter b/c I wanted a closed breech area. The Black Diamond has a leather strap to cover the area where the primer is, if you should hunt in the rain/snow. It works but it is a bit a of a pain. Other than that it is a simple gun that performs well. I used 100 gr pyrodex and 240 gr XTP sabots in it.

Ive used a Black Diamond for few years and it works good ,very accurate when loaded right, mine shoots best with thompson bullets and 70 to 95 grains powder. REMINGTON bullets do not work in a BD, Trust me there.

I went and put 10 rounds threw it last night and I must say it is a nice shooting gun, I went with 245 grain powerbelts, and 2 triple 7 sticks for 100 grains of powder. Also triple 7 209 primer. After 10 rounds, it still loaded very easily. I must say I'm happy with it.

I have one and it has worked well for me. One quirk I have noticed is that when shooting out of a clean barrel with 777 pellets (100gr) is that the first shot is a "flyer" after that it settle in with good groups. The shot would usually be within 6" but not group with the rest. I use loose 777 now.

I have one and it has worked well for me. One quirk I have noticed is that when shooting out of a clean barrel with 777 pellets (100gr) is that the first shot is a "flyer" after that it settle in with good groups. The shot would usually be within 6" but not group with the rest. I use loose 777 now.

Have you tried dirtying the barrel by shooting a primer first then shooting for a group. Are you shooting powerbelts?

I just went to the loose powder. I don't want to mess with getting the barrel dirty when hunting. I was shooting powerbelts. A friend had the same problem with sabots his Black Diamond. I have since went away from the powerbelts after having a 348 grain disintegrate on a deer shot at about 70yds. I was shooting 100 grains of powder.(it was not a hot load) I have since read of others having the same problem.