• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So There I was right....

I'm at the big C store trying on new chestwaders and watching three other guys walking around in waders trying differnt ones asking how warm are they to how many pairs of socks to wear so I got to thinking.

How many of you guys actually wear chestwaders or hip boots and do you wear them when ever you duck hunting or do you just put them on for the sake of its duck hunting?

I wont even go into what was going on over by the decoys and calls grin

I wear chest waders most of the time and if I'm in a feild with a ton of water and mud I 'm glad to wear them I've got very warm ones so I will typically wear them all season.

The best waders I have ever owned were the zipper waders from Cabela's. Last year the zipper jammed on my "Bic C" waders. We tried everything to get it freed. I was going to rip them before I gave up but they held up and stayed jammed. I took them back and the clerk told me they haven't sold zipper waders for a few years and they were never coming back. I setteled for the Drake LST waders and was on my merry way. Guess what they brought back for 2010...

If you are in the market for waders, I would take a close look at the zipper waders. They are durable, comfortable and the easiest waders to get in & out of on the market especially for us bigger guys.

I have 5mm Neoprene waders from the Big C. They were a gift from my parents about 11 years ago.

Yes, i wear them duck hunting because i'm out in my canoe without a dog.

I'd like to get a new pair because these things are hot even during the last few days of the season!

Good quality though, I still can't believe they are not leaking after 11 hard years of use.

I wear mine in the field, and in the slough. Sometimes even puddle jumping - but only on cold days. Great way to knock off a few pounds quickly!

I wouldn't wear anything but my chest waders when hunting wet, muddy fields. I'm generally just covering up in the mud, so chest waders are vital to staying warm and dry while field hunting.

I wear my waders 95% of the time when hunting water.

When hunting muddy fields I wear my knee high rubber boots and have a field blind that keeps my hinder dry.

I wear my waders 95% of the time when hunting water.

When hunting muddy fields I wear my knee high rubber boots and have a field blind that keeps my hinder dry.

Ditto.

I just thought it was the "cool" thing to do. Kind of like saying, "Hey, want to meet be at be-dubbs?" Instead of, "hey, want to meet me at Buffalo Wild Wings?"

i only wear my waders if i plan on getting in the water. if i'm planning on doing situps in a layout blind they won't be on. moon boots work best on the moon or underwater. 5mm neoprene is super warm though.

I wear my waders all the time. Seems like more often than not I need them to help pull the boat in the weeds or they come in handy for setting decoys. 3 mm neoprene for me. My last pair from C's lasted me 9 years I think. If they get a hole you can patch em with aquaseal. Breathable waders are nice also for early season but I find that develop leaks more often than neoprene does. Neoprene provides a lot of warmth which is nice.

Very rarely. Only in early season when it is warm. My feet get cold easily and those little shake up handwarmers can not breathe enough to stay "lit" with waders on.

You will very rarely catch me without my camo bibs on during the season. There is nothing better than wearing sweatpants under bibs, so comfortable. As long as there not too muddy I also wear them inside and take my nap in between morning and afternoon flights.