• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favres Last game...

zepman

IMO...if we lose the Detroit game it will be. Given the lack of support and talent he has from his receiving corps, the fact that Sidney underwent surgery AFTER he decided to come back, an 0-3 record, and the grim reality of facing the Jets, Pats, and Pack on the road with Dallas (at home)squeezed in the middle in front of him.

The old man will bow out quietly claiming his ankle can no longer handle the game. The writing will be clearly on the wall.

The Detroit game is THE game of the year for the Vikes already...sadly, only three games into the season...if they drop this one...it's over.

Vikes have made some terrible roster decisions in the last 3-4 weeks and it is proving to come back and bite them in the arse.

Detroit is young, hungry, talented and pizzed off...something the Vikes seem to be missing this year. I hope the Vikes come out firing on all cylinders and get this thing turned around but right now I'd say it's 50/50 in winning the game against Detroit. The fire just hasn't been there from the beginning this year.

They are not going to sit the qb who is making like 20 million this year for T-Jack, they are not going to sit the QB with the most TDs,Wins, Passing yards etc for T-Jack

Yep..........unfortunately i can easily see us being 1-6 when the end of october rolls around and can see favre saying see ya, he would have no reason to finish out the season!! october.........@jets, @pats, @gb with dallas at home, OUCH!! I can see a win at home against the lions.....maybe!! Just being realistic.........of course i would love to see them 5-2 but not seeing it happening!!

They are not going to sit the qb who is making like 20 million this year for T-Jack, they are not going to sit the QB with the most TDs,Wins, Passing yards etc for T-Jack

I don't think he meant bench brent he meant brent would call it quits!!

Yep, I have to say I agree. Notice that Brett has been on the injury report all along....wink

Seems like an easy out to me.

Once again the MN team will be the talk of the NFL, but for all the wrong reasons.

i think i saw it on farves face as he was leaving the field and on the sidelines on the last few minuits of the game. he looked frustrated and mad at himself in my view. i think deep inside he knows this is his last season and that he should have been at practice. i supported him for not being there but i see that as a mistake on his part and mine. i would like to know if he calls any of his plays at all. good luck.

I really dont think this team would be much worse off with Favre on the bench! The line sucks, the receivers and Favre dont have any connection, Favre just isnt playing like he wants to be there, and the receivers arent playing like they want to win. The play calling sucks, we should have just let ol Brett sit at home, and enjoy the southern life.

i agree with you i think the vikes messed up pretty bad by putting all of their eggs in the Brett basket hoping he will come back and save the team, toss more money at a guy who doesnt really wanna play and make everyone else on the team a little mad, i think it will be an interesting year

I will finally go on record as saying (gulp) that this team would be better with T-Jack ONLY because of the offensive play of the line. A more mobile quarterback might be able to make the plays with his legs that Brent can't do right now.

Let's not forget that the O-line was terrible at the start of last season and saw Favre sitting on his behind quite a bit until things started clicking after 49ers game. There is still time and hope.

Let Brett go home. Play Webb.

Webb is not a great QB, but he is a great athelete. Sounds a bit like another QB who is doing quite well these days in Philly.

Play webb and let his ability to scramble, along with AP running be the focal point of the offense

Let Brett go home. Play Webb.

Webb is not a great QB, but he is a great athelete. Sounds a bit like another QB who is doing quite well these days in Philly.

Play webb and let his ability to scramble, along with AP running be the focal point of the offense

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.

It's not even a fair comparison:

Vick has 8 years NFL experience, Webb has 0.

Vick has over 12000 yards passing, Webb has 0

Vick has 98 career TDs, Webb has 0.

Webb looked OK in preseason against 4th string competition. That is a good sign, yes...but don't kid yourself into thinking he is NFL ready. Jackson looked even better than Webb did in his first preseason and look where that has landed Jackson.

Not to mention you put Webb and Peterson together in the backfield we're going to be facing 9 men in the box with a QB who isn't accurate enough yet to get the ball out to a receiver. It would be a complete disaster.

Brett is head and shoulders better than any QB on this team and still an elite QB in the league.

He just needs to win a game or two to get motivated.

and the comparison is fair IMO

Vick isn't a good QB...he is a great athelete that plays QB. Not saying that Webb will be as good as Vick is now...but can't be a lot worse than what we have seen thus far..

favre stats...

1 td

4 int

56.1 rating

198 yds/game

Webb could do that...and threaten with a scramble

and the comparison is fair IMO

Vick isn't a good QB...he is a great athelete that plays QB. Not saying that Webb will be as good as Vick is now...but can't be a lot worse than what we have seen thus far..

favre stats...

1 td

4 int

56.1 rating

198 yds/game

Webb could do that...and threaten with a scramble

Fair enough, I'll give you it's entirely possible Webb could have posted those stats up to this point.

I think the comparison would be fair, except for the fact that we're comparing a very raw rookie from a small school, what a 6th round draft pick? Vick was very highly touted, played against much tougher competition at V Tech and went first overall.

Just because both are freakishly athletic doesn't mean they can both play behind center, at least not in my opinion.

#4 had 265 combined passing yards in the first 2 weeks last year. Yeah, he didn't have the int's that he does now. But he doesn't have has receivers all lined up like last year either. Losing Rice and Taylor hurts, and we are just finding out now how much it hurts.

Are we ready to throw in the towel after watching 2 games that could have easily gone the other way? I'm not. I see we have problems, some of them are looming. But a win this week would really turn things around again. Get some focus and get our timing in synch coming out of the bye.

Quote:
Get some focus and get our timing in synch coming out of the bye.

Huh, maybe if Favre was in training camp, this would have been done prior to the beginning of the season?

Agreed, but it's part of the package with our diva QB. Despite the cries of many, there was less than 0% chance that Brett was going to Mankato.

We gotta win this Sunday to keep our hopes alive. October does look nasty!

As for Webb, why not give him some plays as RB or WR? He will not be ready to take snaps for at least a year, but maybe it's time to try and involve him in other ways.

Because our play calling is total [PoorWordUsage].

Same questions as why don't we do screens to get players like Percy or AP the ball in open space, why don't we run counters, why don't we try reverses, why don't we try a wildcat, it's pretty pathetic.

The formations we run are so lame, we don't ever adjust as the game goes but the other teams we are playing always do.

We don't use our players in the right way, we got Camarillo and he's barely on the field.

We have one of the worse O-Lines in all of football and when we need to run the ball when the games on the line we run behind pie holes instead of our only all pro player on the line.

I think with better coaching we could be 2-0 right now. Ever since we got Favre we think we need to throw it 50 times a game to win when we don't, we need to get game breakers the ball.

I get sick and tired of watching all the other games on TV and always saying why don't we ever try that, even junk teams with half the talent as the Vikes do way better plays.

All the coaches from my era with the Vikes have been morons for the most part, Denny could of easily won us a few superbowls if he would of got a couple solid defensive players.

Chilly has improved the team every year but honestly what coach couldn't of made a 6-10 team better with an owner that says here's the money go get what we need to win.

Now on the other hand how many coaches would let a team go onto the field with to many players in the Championship game after a time out? Maybe Singletary lol?

Vikings just picked up WR Hank Baskett?!

Great News- There is one more mediocre WR that won't be able to get open for Favre

its the weekly report i saw it on ESPN hes just gonna talk about the season like the coachs weekly show there isnt any big news breaking