• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bummer...4 hours too early!

vister

Bow opener left me with tags in pocket. deer were slow moving, and seemed to be out on the way to the stand, at 5:15 am. so i figured i'd bump a few on the way to the stand, which i did. however, after checking my trail camera after the morning sit, this fella awstruck me!! at 3:07 am, only hours before shooting light, he walked by the camera only 20 yards from the stand. 4 hours later, and i may be whistling dixie, or really disappointed in myself. either way, I hope he hangs around. anyone else ever have this "if" situation??

Am I wrong to think this may be a 170 class 8 pointer? he has no browtines! look at that tine length. easily 160's id say! however, i think hes got split 3's. hard to tell. what ya think

tooearly.jpg

He's a SWEET buck!! If I had pictures to verify a big buck was just near my stand..... well I'd be excited, nervous and disappointed all at once!! Put an arrow in him and then we'll know his score for sure.... AWESOME looking buck.

Nice buck vister, 170 is going to be pushing it because he is probably missing 10 inches just on the brow tines. He should make 150 easily and will probably touch a gross 160. Maybe you should let him go another year and see if he gets bigger..... grin

24" main beams, 26" in tine length (7"g1, 12"g2 and 7"g3) circ. 16". 24+26+16=66 66x2= 132 plus 18 for inside spread = 150"

thats my guess. obviously could be bigger, looks even. knowing he's around will keep you in the stand!

nonteep, I think you are close, great estimate, but I am betting that you are missing about 10 inches on tine length, and maybe a few more on circumference. That should get him close to 160.

I'd guess in the area of 160, give or take 5 either way.

I've got a few picks of a big buck by one of my stands, like this guy all pics are between 10pm and 4am. I decided to skip hunting this guy until late oct this year, I wasted a lot of my fall last year hunting a buck that only showed up at night. Its like hunting a ghost.

Are you sure he has no brows? In the picture it is really fuzzy when you are looking around the bases and up to where the G-2 would normally be. It looks like there could be brows (especially on the right antler - left side of pic) and the picture is just very fuzzy. If there aren't any brows, there are branches or grass behind him that look like they could be brows.

Hopefully you get another picture of him, he looks to be a good one. The G-3's are really long.

Bump a deer (especially mature buck) from his bed a time or two early in the season and you'll be lucky to see him later on. I typically don't hunt mornings, or just hunt fringe areas until mid to late October. Especially in September, most good bucks are back in their beds well before first light.

Good luck with him!!

Yep, I can see what could be browtines also. Don't know for sure, they extend along way up and perfectly lined up with the bades of grass in the background.

Hard to tell if they are browse or just sticks in the background. I am guessing Vister has other pics of this guy and knows he doesn't have browe tines.

i played around with this pic on the computer for a while tonight. color contrast and what not. sure dont see any brow tines, unless they are short. mainframe 8 with split g2's. the long tines. hard to see the splits cause they are more or less in line with the tines. also, there is about 4, maybe 5 other kickers scattered throughout the rack. none the less, i believe i need to at least have one encounter while on stand with this fella!!

I chased this guy around all year last year. some of you may remember pics i posted from the trail cams last year. I had a buck with very tall brow tines, and a beauty of a buck with split g3's. im possitive this buck is the split g3's buck i was after last year!

No matter what, it is one heck of a buck. Any chance you can post last years pics for comparison?? What do you age him at?