• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thought I'd give this its own thread.

REALLY hoping that someone could post of pic of the 55-inch-long, 31-inch-girth caught by a Shamrock Marina customer last week, as mentioned by Randy.

C'mon, we wanna see it!!!! gringrin

LengthxGirthxGirth/800 puts it at 66.09lbs to be exact, but the formula gets flawed by design on genetic freaks of such proportion as this....

So, assuming it's built like me with a beer <insert ciscoe> belly and not that thick all the way through it's body length let's round off to simply say it would be 60+lbs.

Big V is a lake that could certainly host such a beast. Closest I came a few weeks ago on V was a sumberged timber I snagged that was pushing a 30 inch girth....

31" girth? I have not seen one out of vermillion even close to that number (or any lake for that matter). Like you Steve I would love to see that fish.

I'm not calling out Randy. He's an honest and standup guy. I just wanna see a pic that beats the current state record by several pounds. And there's no doubt in my mind the state record has been broken several times in the last bunch of years on any of half a dozen northern MN lakes! smilesmile

But ya gotta kill it to win it, and the big majority of talented/dedicated musky folks don't kill it. smile

Sorry guys.....I didn't see a picture either. But the customer is a quality guy that comes here to fish, not stroke his ego. If he says he caught this fish, he caught the fish. And it was witnessed. He has supplied me pictures for our web site on other big fish but I do not know if I will be getting a copy of this one. If I do, I will be sure to put it up here.

There is fish that big in there. Seems a little early for a 31 inch girth but possible. I caught a 53.5x28 in Vermilion so of course there is fish way bigger!!! Would love to see a picture of any fish over 45 pounds.

I caught a 52" on sat afternoon in Daisy Bay! I don't know about 60lb but my back hurt lifting her. I'd post a pic but HOW??

if the picture is in your computer, click on the 5th icon over above where you are typing your replies...it has the blue arrow pointing up...click on choose file, this should bring up your computers files, find the picture and click choose, wait until it has downloaded, and click on done adding....this will bring the text version to this box, you can view it before submitting by clicking on preview reply.

Let's hope he sends one along to you, Randy. Must be hard not to prod him a little. gringrin

Is the 67-8 Cal Johnson fish still considered the world record? I see the IGFA lists it. So if the stats are right on the fish just caught in V, by the time the big ones are gorging on spawning whitefish/tulibees, this fish could be a world record. Coupla 1.5 pound whitefish in the stomach would be all it'd take. gringrin

Sorry guys.....I didn't see a picture either.

Another "legendary" fish. grin

Well you have to respect the wishes of the person that caught it I guess. It's pretty tough the keep a tight lid on a digital picture though (even only amongst friends) at some point or another it usually falls through the cracks.

SS... I think he is exactly that. Too much [PoorWordUsage] to be caught about holding the fish to make it look bigger, or no way that could be 55" or whatever measurement claimed. I suspect that no one will see it other than immediate friends.

My intent was to only let others know that there are world class fish out there, just have to get out there and find them.

All the die hard muskie anglers already know that Vermilion has xxlarge skies in it. Finding them and getting them to bite is another game...

Kudo's to the guy that released it and kudo's again for keeping it to yourselves.

Hey, this web page / site still operating...WOW!

Add up the hours you all spend on line here an your going to fart bubbles in the end.

I caught a muskie fish recently...biggen too, but no pictures for you.

Still swiming over by Jonny Paul Ringoz place kinda off Georgieboy reef.

smile

To think how fast these fish grew an how many biggens are around is freaky wierd.

Remember when they called her the Dead Sea II.....

grin

gringrin

Cancer sucks.

Keep on roken!

Tommy

If the guy was smart he wouldn't post that photo anywhere and would keep his mouth shut.

You mean so it wouldn't end up on the cover of the Muskies Inc mag? laughgrinwinkwinkwink

I caught a 56 x 31 incher today that grabbed a walleye I was reeling in.. I wont show the picture but you can imagine...

A 31" girth does seem kinda big for this early in the fall, but I wasn't there to measure it, so I guess we'll have to take his word for it.

Hard to believe a fish 12 pounds over the current state record, wouldn't get a photo posted some place on the web.

"Ace"

If it was as big as stated it was probably to heavy to lift for a photo..... wink

Yeah, I know when I caught my 80 lber last year, it was too big to fit in the picture so I decided not to take one