• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

whitefish chain in Oct.?

I am planning a trip to the whitefish chain 2nd weekend in oct. and i would like some advise on depths to find some eyes. Also any info on a campground or RV park nearby would be very helpful, Thanks.

The army corps campground on cross lake would probably be your best bet. I'm hoping to fish the chain in the next 2 weekends, so hopefully I can give you a positive report on what's happening.

is the bite generally good there in the fall or should i plan on going somewhere else?

Only been there once mid summer so any advise would be appreciated

The holiday has red tails along with the bait box by the second bridge some guys are getting a few on crawlers yet I prefer the red tails now

The super america in merrifield also had a healthy supply of redtails. S&W is my favorite bait shop...I think rainbows are better, but they should have redtails too if that's what you prefer.

Stop by Sportland in Nisswa on your way up. I was there Saturday and they had great size redtails and rainbows. I was at another bait place farther south on Tuesday and the Sunday prior and fatheads would have been bigger compared to both redtails and rainbows.

thanks, i made reservations at breezy point. planning on fishing fri. and sat. Havent decided if i am going to whitefish or pelican.

We managed six walleye 16'-19" fri. on Pelican caught them lindy rigging rainbows and creek chubs in 22-25fow. Tried lower whitefish sat no walleyes just pike and bass. Should have stayed on Pelican. The wheather was unbelievable, never would have planned on fishing in shorts and a t-shirt in october. thanks for the advise everyone, stopped at s&w and holiday both had nice bait