• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tecumseh Engines/Parts

JoeTC

Question

Not exactly sure on the Tecumseh situation but I know they don't make engines anymore (maybe someone can clarify the exact situation). I'm just wondering if I buy a used snowblower, and it has a Tecumseh engine, will I still be able to have it serviced and will there still be parts available? Want to make sure cause I'm looking to purchase one and I want it to last for a long time.

Thanks,

Joe

3 answers to this question

I saw that and that's what confused me cause I did a search on Tecumseh and read somewhere else that they weren't making parts anymore either. Just want to make sure that if something happens years down the road that I won't have trouble finding parts.

Most snowblowers run an incredibly short period of time each year. I would bet that most rigs that were of decent quality are good for 20+ years with decent maintenance. I would bet that you'll have problems of parts rusting out or breaking drive train parts before you have engine trouble. I guess you take your chances when you buy something that's used and you should take your concerns about parts into consideration when making the decision to buy. Change the oil, spray it off in the spring to remove salt, and touch up any areas that start to rust and you'll be good to go.