• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How long did your Trophy Rock last?

leech~~

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I put one out two weeks ago and the Deer loved it. It is total gone! Not sure if maybe a bear carried it away or the deer just licked it away. I had over 209 shots on the cam mostly all Doe's and fawns but no bears?. I think for the cost and lasting longer. I'm going to go back to a good old Range block! frown

geeez! thats incredible... my lasted almost a year...and i thought that was fast! but then again it was being utilized by three different big game species!

Mine lasted a couple of months but I have wondered how much rain effects its lifespan. Yours really dissapeared fast!

Ya, I really don't think anyone took it as if they would have seen that, they would have more then likely took my cam off the tree? So, bear, rain or lots of deer licking? confused

I'm thinking bear, I know they have confiscated a few of my salt blocks before. I have an old game cam pic somewhere of a bear holding onto one, next pic was a deer and the salt was gone.

I've had 4 out since beginning of June and beginning of July. All are more than 3/4 left. All are also under a pine canopy where they are probably protected from downpours a little.

I have found that if you put them in the wide open where rain can hit them a couple good downpours and there gone. They do work really good though just bought 2 more this weekend

Mineral rock on left. Same weight of just a salt lick right side. They almost always hit the salt. Both lasted about six months but rain took most of both blocks. No trace left but they are really tearing the ground up were both were more pics after both were gone though.12 year old Daughter named this buck LS (little stinker) Sat. He was at this site Sun. at other site. we pick wrong spot both days. full-16996-1276-mdgc0010.jpg

the rain might wash it away, but it soaks into the ground and they'll eat the dirt anyway so your not out anything.

My cousin said last year they chewed the stump his was sitting on after the rock was gone.

the rain might wash it away, but it soaks into the ground and they'll eat the dirt anyway so your not out anything.

I have been using the same spot for my blocks and cam setup for a few years now. There is a good size hole in the ground now!

Never used the rock, but mineral & salt blocks. I have a spot where the ground has a 1 foot depression from years of use. Another has a stump from a oak that is 1 foot high and 2 foot wide and they have eaten the stump down to the ground. Great stump removal.

My first rock lasted about ten months. My second rock only lasted for about three weeks which I thought was really odd??? Then I took a look at my pics on my trail camera and I have some pics of a person walking by my rock a couple of times and then there is a pic of that person walking away with my rock!!!! This person does not look like a hunter. This person was carring a bucket that had what looked like mushrooms in it. Maybe this person thought it was a large agate??? What makes me mad is that just about everyday this summer I have pics of deer. Then this happened and I only had 1 pic of a deer in a weeks time. And that week just had to be the one before opener.