• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm not so sure. I just picked up two walking under our red pines at our house in Anoka county (Ramsey). I haven't seen any up in our neck of the woods in Walker/Akeley area, but I don't think they've had a killing frost yet.

The deer ticks are horrible. Spent more time picking them of my dogs then I did chasing grouse. Did manage to round up a few birds though so it was worth it. First thing I did when I got home was throw on some frontline.

Dan

Make sure you watch out for the deer ticks. We just had to put down my wife's dog from what was a suspected tick infection that had gone too far before showing symptoms. Her dog never left town and rarely went outside and should have still had frontline. Tick infections are extremely common this year so be careful and check yourselves too. If you do get a deer tick bite or the dog go get some doxycycline as it can reduce the risk of infections in people dramatically.

Heavy Ticks last weekend, does the frost mean anything ? Just south of PR anyway our cats were caked with them, I've never seen them so thick on cats in October, white ones, you name it, these ticks didn't appear to be the American Dog Tick variety ?

Heavy Ticks last weekend, does the frost mean anything ? Just south of PR anyway our cats were caked with them, I've never seen them so thick on cats in October, white ones, you name it, these ticks didn't appear to be the American Dog Tick variety ?

really? I've been hunting and I haven't seen a tick all month confused You must be in a bad spot smile