• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Starting in Back Up

anchor man

I'd like to get a new bow in the near future and don't want to go straight to the top level of pricing. I'm interested in the PSE Stinger for the price, or maybe even the PSE Bow Madness as my higher end. Is the Bow Madness much better than the Stinger for the extra couple hundred? I'm not opposed to other brands which leaves the door wide open and I know I need to shoot what works for me, but I'm thinking $300-$550 would be my range. Any general thoughts?

Thanks

Dont forget to look into the pse brute also.

A big named store also has the bow madness for 524.99 right now. the Brute is 349.99

I have never looked at the stinger.

I shoot the bow madness, its a good shooting bow, only down fall i had with my bow madness was that they came with pretty cheap stings, i could not get them to stop turning and they were stretching pretty bad.

On the side not the grip on the B.M. is rather thin, i like it i think it helps with hand torque. but the B.M. is a great bow for the money,

I've also heard about the strings on the B.M. Is that specific to those bows only, or are all PSEs using the same strings that tend to stretch?

Check out Martin bows as well. I shoot them and they are very nice. I have shot the PSE also and they were nice. Check other brands and bows before you decide that one brand is the way to go. Good Luck finding one that fits you!