• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buck tag filled in Wisconsin!

Grayfox

Shot a buck last night we called Saber. We've got several trail cam pictures of him this year and couldn't be happier with him. I went out last night around 4:30 and immediately had several deer behind me on the other side of the fence. I was set up in the only tree large enough to hold a stand but I wasn't very high off the ground. It was pretty thick but I brushed it in even more but knew I would be pretty close to the deer and would probably be stuck taking a shot while sitting.

I had a trail 33 yards North of me and another 5 yards South of me. The deer started crossing North of me and soon had several deer feeding in front of me and up wind. I heard a deer crossing the fence behind me and soon had a fawn directly under me. It soon fed towards the others when another doe and fawn crossed behind me and a couple more crossed into the field to the North. I had seen a small buck on the other side of the fence earlier and when I heard another deer cross the fence behind me I assumed it was him. The deer were staring towards me and I slowly turned my head and all I saw were horns. He started across my down wind side and I was surprised he didn't run when he crossed my path. He was crossing at a steep 1/4ing away angle and could see his ears pinned back and he was looking back toward me. I slowly started to draw and when I looked up,he was looking right at me. He was looking into the sun but knew something was up. He just turned back to leave when I cut loose an arrow. I hit him back a bit but could see the Rage was buried up to the fletching and was already bleeding good as he ran off. I watched him run 100 yards then slowly walk another 100 yards into the woods. I knew he was hit bad and it was early so I headed back home top wait for Mitch to get done before we tracked him. After a short tracking job we found him bedded up on a hill expired. This guy had a huge body and makes his rack look small but I couldn't be happier. Here's a couple pictures of him in velvet and the end result pics.

SaberVelvetpics001.jpg

SaberVelvetpics007.jpg

9-18-10DadsWisconsinbuck001.jpg

9-18-10DadsWisconsinbuck006.jpg

9-18-10DadsWisconsinbuck007.jpg

WOW, what a big bodied buck for this time of year!!! Kind of a neat rack too, wonder how old he is? Sometimes a disfunctioned rack means older deer!!

Way to go Rob!! Nice deer. Your not still sticking that air nozzle in them and blowing them up to make them look bigger are ya?

HooknHorns,

I never layed eyes on him last year. Matter of fact,we didn't see to many big bucks at all,even during the rut which is very unusual. This year I know of 5 that will make book pretty close to home so I'm hopeing that I can get my son on this guys twin and my daughters boyfriend might get a shot as well.

Vance, the compressors been broke for quite a while. Maybe he was just big boned?

Went out tonight and put the sneek on 5 toms in a field and managed to take one with a 7 3/4" beard. Been a good week so far.

Rob

And a nice tom to boot? I see you're still rollin'. How about a nice limit of walleyes this weekend to complete the trifecta?

DonBo,

Daygame tomorrow so I'm off. Maybe a run up to Yellow Lake in the morning,fill a bonus tag? I'm not sure where I'll end up. What's the hot bait crawlers or leaches?

I never did weigh the deer but I'm sure he was pushing 200.

Rob

Last time I fished was pretty much 50/50 crawlers vs leeches. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great with whatever you take on next! smile