• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MUST. GET. UP. NORTH. Treestand calling......

jwhawkridge

Even though I'm taking a half day today (which for me ends at 11) the wait that is going to kill me is the wedding we have to go to tonight. I mean really.....who gets married at 4:30 on a Friday!?!?! THE FRIDAY BEFORE BOW SEASON!!!! j/k

Anyone else getting itchy being so close to bow season???

A few years ago a friend of mine who doesn't bowhunt decided to get married on bow opener. Now this wouldn't have been so bad but the wedding was in western Minnesota in a small rural church in the country. And on the way to the church to go to the wedding, we went past two different bow hunters who are outside there trucks getting ready to go to there treestands. And the next morning I was going to go bow hunting but the liquid refreshments during the wedding said otherwise.

Oh well, shot a doe the next saturday! grin

no kidding i have a wedding tomm. but will get out on sunday night and monday..good luck to everyone. have a safe and successful weekend

Even though I'm taking a half day today (which for me ends at 11) the wait that is going to kill me is the wedding we have to go to tonight. I mean really.....who gets married at 4:30 on a Friday!?!?! THE FRIDAY BEFORE BOW SEASON!!!! j/k

Anyone else getting itchy being so close to bow season???

Hey at least its on Friday instead of Saturday. I'm skipping a wedding this Oct because I already have a big hunt planned with a group of friends. Everyone likes to have those oh so beautiful fall weddings, half the time they miss the fall colors anyway and just end up pi$$ing off all their friends.

I know when I got married I put some thought into it, end of April, not a thing going on and I left a nice 2-3 week buffer before opening fishing so guys can get their boats ready.

I know when I got married I put some thought into it, end of April, not a thing going on and I left a nice 2-3 week buffer before opening fishing so guys can get their boats ready.

Nothing going on? Sounds like prime turkey season to me! grin

I'm guilty of the October wedding, fortunetly it's on duck opener and traditionaly I go west to duck now so the anniversary doesn't effect to much of my hunting season and it keeps the boss-lady happy.

mr

Nothing going on? Sounds like prime turkey season to me! grin

Ha ha I was wondering if I forgot something and was going to get called out on it. In my defense I'm from "up north" so we don't have too many Turkey hunters up there. I will also say my wedding was at the end of Aprils so my "instincts" must have kicked in when I planned it right between the Turkey and Fishing opener.

You think you got it bad, I've got a bachelor party Sat and then the wedding Oct 2. That's two of the first 3 weekends shot!

Bachelor party last weekend just as I was coming down with a cold. Playing paintball and staying out late put the nail in the coffin for scouting the new land on Sunday. sick Groom's dinner and rehearsal tonight with tomorrow being the big show. Sunday cleanup. Still haven't gotten the house painted.... What the ?????????????????

Good luck to all you that are getting out this weekend though!