• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finally going fishing

I'll be doing some pre-fishing for a tourney coming up on White Earth lake this weekend. It looks like a perfect day to be out on the water today. I hope I can find some darn fish now! Anyone else been out and been having any luck?

Bite is picking up a little for walleyes-The old man was on litle pine Tues and got 3.Got 1 last tuesday.Theyre still scattered,no big schools yet.Were gonna go try big pine tommorrow but not real optimistic yet.1 more week and it will be time,the only problem is its time to hunt now.Ducks,deer and So dak pheasants,then Mn rifle then N.e missouri big whitetails.But I will find time for the walleyes too as I have 5 weeks of vacation to use by Dec.\GOOD LUCK I will let you know how its going.

I've been going to a different lake lately and have been having decent luck--not a whole lot of fish but the ones I have caught have been worth while. Got my personal best crappie----14". CPRed it and the other that I caught. So it has been fun.

The past month has been tough for me. I have gotten out a couple of times a week and caught very few walleyes. Fished Lizzie this afternoon with the folks and all we got were a few bass and a couple of northerns.

I didn't find one walleye yesterday form noon to 3:00.... Not a good sign, but it was a great day to be on the water. I did however, manage to catch 2 smallies, one was a fat 18"er that put up a heck of a battle. I also caught a half a dozen slimers, none worth mentioning or keeping. I might head back out this afternoon and try some different areas.

I have not done any fishing since august, so I am feeling a little dizzy from withdrawls, but I got my concrete project done I was working on the last 2 weeks, so now I will try and get out next weekend.

I fished deep and I fished shallow, from 5-40 feet with lindy rigs, jigs, spinners, shiners, rainbows, redtails, leeches, crawlers.. only 7 walleyes total in 2 days. None of them hit the 15" minimum. The bites were light light light. A lot of the guys we ran into were struggling, but it was a blast. Sure was a nice day yesterday, quiet calm, and cloudy. Saturday was windy and a bit chilly!

I did manage to catch a 30" sturgeon right away sunday morning, that was pretty cool. We also caught a few smallies, large mouth, and a ton of pike. The biggest pike was around 7lbs. There is another tourney coming up on North Twin near Naytahwaush that I might fish this weekend, multi species. It's put on by the local fire dept.

Did you happen to get a water temp? I have heard a few reports of sturgeon about that size being caught this year. Was that the Cedar Crest Classic?

Yes it was the Cedar Crest Classic, my temp gauge on my finder hasn't worked since this spring so I didn't get a water temp reading. But the water felt warm compared to the air, that's all I know grin