• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

otter lake regional park

archeral566

hey guys, this year i was drawn for a metro archery deer hunt which takes place in the otter lake regional park which sits between bald eagle and otter lake. i know that alot of people use this park and was wondering if there are any people that walk around this park alot and could give me any ideas of where to start scouting, as i am the first one who is able to choose which zone i want so i can pick anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Al

North east corner of zone 4 there are some apple trees about 80 yards off the road really good early if they have apples and the later hunts I saw a few smaller bucks other wise zone 3 there is a spot where alot of does and bucks have been taken right buy the parking spot.

thanks for the info guys, i have done this hunt before but didn't have any shots worth taking so am looking for any info i can get. cant ever have to much info and for that mbrb thread on the hunts ive been through them and doesnt seem to of been much help for anyothers as the people who run it kinda have an insider group and dont wanna get any word of their hotspots out there or have others take a spot where they wanna go, so they say mininmal scouting and just have us tell you where to go, but that isnt my style. i wanna go do the scouting and do the work to hopefully find a better spot then they'll guide me to. plus the work is half the fun :)am i right?