• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yellow walleyes in Vermilion

Caught a nice walleye yesterday that was very yellow, gold in color. Belly was borwnish black. Caught other fish in the same spot that were almost all white.

Anyone else ever catch a gold / yellow walleye from Vermilion? Was a first for me.

caught one in front of cliffs house in the river one time a few years ago in the fall first and last one I saw that color

This fish was a long ways from Pike Bay but now that I think about it I did catch one that color in front of the hatchery years ago.

Must be what your feeding them Cliff..... grin

It could be the poor sewage systems around Pike Bay and the fact that there are 3 bars up stream of the East Two rivers! grinsick

Cliff

The color is from the high protein fish food I feed the walleyes with from my dock all summer! No wonder why they stick around Pike Bay all summer long.

I'm guessing that critter on Silver Scale's head grin The fish he got is sure eye'n it up!

Only kidding...I'm just jealous I've never got one that big...

I want to know what you were feeding this one? Very odd shape shocked

hmmmm..... maybe walleye..... thats where they all went