• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl Youth Hunt

Tannor396

Looking for confirmation for youth day this weekend:

No license or stamps for the kids for this day

No motorized decoys

1/2 before sunrise - 4:00pm

going to be my sons first year with the gun in the blind so very excited.

Thanks all,

a free small game and HIP certification are required for the resident youth who are hunting (this is for the whole year too). that is almost straight out of the 2010 reg book.

Here is what I get from the waterfowl regs;

Hunters ages 13 to 15 must have a firearms safety

certificate or apprentice hunter validation in their possession. All other migratory bird hunting

regulations apply. No licenses or stamps are required.

Was going to get this figured at gander tonight but with it being their first year I guess we needed to bring the Social security numbers with.....

Any one else looking to add something?

are you talking about this (new) thing in the regs that they still have to get a free license? One page I read they need nothing and another says something about this free license.

From my needs, first year with the kids in the blind and tree stand with me and thought I had enough to worry about for myself and now trying to understand for them too, all help and knowledge from the ones who have alread done this with the licenses over the years would be great

Head hurts need to just get to the blind......

Page 20 in the waterfowl regs. under Other Migratory Birds it says:

Youth Hunt: blah, blah, blah, blah.....Hunters 13-15 must have a firearms safety certificate or apprentice hunter validation in possesion. all other migratory bird hunting regulations apply. A FREE SMALL GAME LICENSE AND HIP CERTIFICATION ARE REQUIRED FOR RESIDENT YOUTH.

that is straight out of the book. it is a new rule