• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Less expensive CX arrows...

cupper

Has anyone noticed the two types of Carbon Express arrows and Gander that are about $15-$20 cheaper than their Maxima Hunter brand. Anybody try these new ones out? Are they cheaper for a reason or are they decent arrows?

The thing about them is that you'll never have to worry about them breaking. You'll just have to refletch them every so often. I guess you can consider it a long term investment. Now losing them is a different story.

I've always bought the cheapest arrows I can find and never had any issues. I haven't tried the arrows you are talking about but I am guessing they will shoot fine.

alright guys and gals. i'm going to admit to you all that i am 100% addicted to bowhunting. i'm a freak. i think about it about every 8 seconds. honestly.

and when it comes to gear; i'm not cheap. somethings need to be at the upper end to be worthwhile. but i am NOT opposed to trying something new.

i tried the "no name" carbon arrows at my local walmart. they flew BETTER than my Gold Tips!

yeah, try to imagine my astonishment. i ended up shooting them in a 3D competition.

they are only 3 bucks a pop. the only draw back was that some of the inserts were too small to fit field tips/rage in. so i cut them and put in new inserts!

needless to say, they flew great! probably the best "cheap" archery product i've ever used!

saving 70bucks a dozen sure is a plus too!

I started using CX predator II. They seemed pretty decent, no complaints, nothing too special. They run about $5-7 each.

Then the other day I wanted to buy a "bunch" of arrows that I could shoot at home. My goal was to build arm strength by shooting more, with less walking to the target and less wear on the fletchings. I wasn't concerned with the accuracy for these arrows. So I check at walmart while I'm picking up some other stuff. They have arrows from $2.50 - $7 each. With my stated goal, I buy a bunch of the $3 arrows (the $2.50 ones were garbage). I brought them with to the range a few days later and these darn things shoot just as good if not better than the CX ones I had before.

I'll be back to buy some more soon.