• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Keeping Warm

elkhuntingfan

They are pretty good. The inside is lined with a fleece type material so it is quiet. The outside could be a little better but is pretty good. For late season bow you would have to be a little careful when you open up to shoot but it's a give and take.

One of the most important things to remember is to avoid wearing cotton next to your skin. Cotton absorbs water and keeps it there. I have had great results using the adhesive backed body warmers. They are larger than hand warmers and I stick a couple on my base layer on my lower back and a couple in front too. The ones on my lower back help keep my back from stiffening up on long waits in cold weather.

Using it 5 times a year it comes to a little over $2 a day to stay nice and toasty warm. Sometimes you just have to rationalize "toys" grin

Ha ha when you put it like this it makes sense wink Especially if you can trade off using $4 in hand warmers and toe warmers per day instead.

I use my old ice fishing boots that are 1000gram thinsulate as they have a puncture so are no longer dry enough for ice fishing but work for hunting just fine. Then I have goretex bibs from Gander that I got on closout for a steal at $50, wear those with a light set of long johns and some sweat pants and I'm toasty warm all last year. Upper body I need a coat that is better. I'm layering long johns, fleece and an orange rain coat cause it's what I could afford when I started hunting a couple years ago. Hoping to upgrade into a better warmer coat this year and I'll be all set I think. I'm just using the same concepts I use for ice fishing and I can sit on a lake all day with no problems but I am moving more while fishing.