• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hindsight questions

minnowdangler71

I can"t seem to aim/hit a target with a peep sight. So after reading a bowhunting mag, found Hindsight- a bow sight/rifle sight idea combo. Has anyone had any experience with these? I am a beginner with limited funds/experience. Thanks in advance.

You could also look into an anchor sight. I use one without a peep and my groups tightened up. It helps control hand torque issues that you don't see without one.

I just googled the product and find it very interesting. As an engineer, solving problems generally involve correcting it at the root of the problem. If your eyesight won't permit a peep, then this might be just the ticket. I had not heard of this device, so I'm gonig to spend a little time studying the product as it might be the low light solution that I've been looking for.

I think anchor sight has a guarantee that if you dont like it return it for a full refund but dont quote me on that. When you use it for a while it seems you barely have to peek at it. Plus if you have a problem lining it up next season something change, whether it being anchor, nock, grip, bent sight or rest, shooting with gloves or mask on. Your consistency of anchor point is critical in accuaraccy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Hind- site set up on the wife & Grandkids bows with single pin front sites, also for the guys I mentor into bow hunting.

I don’t use a peep site I have the Compound bow Rifle Sight. With Trophy Ridge 5 pin vertical sights. Just love it, have improved my groups and added 10 more yards of distance with confidence, increased sight picture. I also have the Hind- site, used it for many years,. Have several bows set up with it.

I put this on my bow a couple years ago after trying all kinds of different sights, anchors, peeps etc. I always had problems grouping beyond 20 yards. I can say w/o doubt this sight system works for me and I have nice groupings out to 40 yards now. Maybe its something else in my form but I am happy with the sight..

Unless your problem with the peep is vision-related, I would also say that the problem is related to your form or possibly target panic with trying to line things up within the small aperture of a peep and sight housing.

If the hindsight helps you then I think that's the number one thing. However, I think if its a form issue, then finding the root of the problem is the best course.

If its eye related, are you cross-dominant between your eye and shooting hand?

Just throwing out ideas.