• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snacks for stand

CrappieKiller01

Now that it is only less then a few days away lets figure out what were all bringing for some snacks or lunch in the stand.Keep the ideas coming. got to keep are alertness up, never know when he shows up

For me its usually some sort of granola bar for breakfast and trail mix for occasional. Maybe some jerky or snack sticks if theres any left. lunch usualy consists of summer sausage sandwich or peanut butter jelly

Sliced apples in a sealed baggy! Apples help reduce bad breath. New energy drinks made by Realtree that are in camo cans that can double as a urine container. 2c

Most mgm stores sells them now. I guess they are a real hit in the southern US and they can't keep the shelves stocked as they are sold asap.

For me jerky is a little to strong scented to bring into the stand. I like to stick with less noticeable things like plain sandwiches. At least they seem less noticeable to me.

However I do believe we should be eating the siblings of our prey while back at camp. We will be eating backstraps and venison brats for dinners.

Hey Finlander where would a guy find these Realtree drinks?

i've only seen them in liquor stores.

and RealTree has them advertised PERFECTLY......."not for city boys" i thought that was hilarious the first time i saw it!

yep they figured out a new market and advertising campaign... my buddy had one and it tasted like sugary sweet orange soda and gave him a huge buzz

i'll stick to 5 hour energy

as for snacks, i usually go with granola bars, jerky, and water. maybe an apple or two if its above freezing. i don't get too caught up in the whole scent thing... there's a ton of stuff that smells more potent than your snack out in the woods

I agree with granola bars and apples, I bring water bottles also, big enough so I dont have to get out of the tree. I like peanut butter and honey sandwiches, stuff cant smell any sweeter then the deer attractor scents they make.

I like to keep things simple, venison jerky and water. For all days sits I will pack a couple of candy bars and a sandwich too, usually a thick slab of salami and cheese is my standard on-stand meal.

I dont get out of my stand. Once I am up I stay till the end so I pack a 3 course meal,,ha. Deer jerkey,fruit,trail mix,deer meat samichs,jolly ranchers and 2 packs of smokes. Suppose it will be different this year with only 1 tag maybe just a apple and a water and 1 pack. I keep a freezer bag in my pack for the garbage and butts.

Trail mix, PBJ, granola bars repackaged into ziploc bags. I eat constantly which is funny because I really don't eat much in 'real life'.

I read quite a bit in the stand and probably 'absentmindedly' eat.

Apples are a classic fall snack too. Hope they don't consider my cores bait!

<home made roasted pumpkin seeds>

one thing I do with any snack I take to the stand is use syran wrap instead of a zip lock bag.

alot quieter and easy enough to squish

For all-day sits, two sandwiches (with whatever lunchmeat is in the fridge), two bananas (quieter to eat than an apple), and two cookies. If I'm only out for a few hours, usually all I bring is some water.

Interesting comment about the saran wrap. I always thought that would be louder than a ziplock. I always open my ziplocks as slowly as I can and there is almost no noise. I'll have to experiement with the plastic wrap.