• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Never been on OT in the fall and am making the trip early October for a week. Is there much of a transition between spring and fall spots? I've had great experiences over the years in the spring. Just feeling that this fall could be a whole new ballgame. Any input fellas?

Also, realizing this summer has brought a lot of welcome rain, is the water level high enough to access the river into Walker from OT or is it too shallow?

thanks!!!

Hopefully October will be good on OT. Every year is different. Last year we were walloping the walleyes all of September, and this year so far it has been a lot tougher. The thing about October is the fish will be more bunched up then they are now, kind of like spring, but in October they can be anywhere in the lake, and in anywhere from 4-84 feet of water. Use your electronics to find them, and you should do fine. Water levels are ridiculously high right now, and probably will be in October too.

water is highest ive ever seen, yes walker to OT is fine.

I was out monday and LAST thursday and got zip, zero, zilch on the west side pulling cranks in 10-14 from 7pm-10pm (dark) im REALLY disappointed so far with ottertail this fall.

Thanks for the info Bison! Hope your crankin turns up for you soon. I am surprised your efforts haven't panned out. I have had some good experiences on the west side with cranks in the past. Hope it gets better soon.