• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

packers overrated???

e1teen93

Go watch a Jags game and see how empty the stadium is. Pretty pathetic. The Vikes have good attendance, and there is no way the league would let an owner walk away from that when there are teams much worse off. This is still the 16th largest market in the country, and they are well aware of that.

I am a Pack fan, so I would prefer to see them go. I just don't see it happening however.

I don't get it when Packer fans say they'd like to see the Vikes leave. As a Viking fan, I would be irate at the thought of the Packers leaving and losing one of the best rivalries in all of sports.

I agree. As much as I LOATHE the Packers, I would hate to see them go anywhere. It is ALWAYS a fun 2 games to watch during the regular season. Even IF we do beat them twice a year! wink

I don't get it when Packer fans say they'd like to see the Vikes leave. As a Viking fan, I would be irate at the thought of the Packers leaving and losing one of the best rivalries in all of sports.

+1

Wore my leather Packers Starter jacket around town running errands this morning. Got lots of double takes. I love being a stranger in a strange land. gringringrin

The reason: so we would get to see all of the games. Only 5-8/year are broadcast in MN because of the NFL broadcasting rules. That's the only reason. Going to a sports bar to see the games that aren't broadcast in our area gets pretty expensive!

The rivalry is good, especially since the bears haven't been for a few years!!!

Move to Wisconsin then...what makes you think the networks would automatically show the Packers games in Minnesota.

Nobody here likes the Packers...I know I wouldn't watch.

Move to Wisconsin then...what makes you think the networks would automatically show the Packers games in Minnesota.

Nobody here likes the Packers...I know I wouldn't watch.

Move to Wisconsin - har har har, very original. Especially in a Packer thread.

ALL the games would be shown here. There are a lot more Packers fans in the TC than you think. There is a reason they show as many of their games in this market as they do. You wouldn't have to watch!!!

Let's get back on topic.......

it's only a rivalry to vikings fans, the bears are the packers rivalry for 90% of wisconsin.

That's [PoorWordUsage] and you know it...I have family in Wisconsin and went to school with a ton of people from Wisconsin who feel differently.

I'm not saying the Bears are not huge rivals with the Pack...I know they are...but Vikings/Packers is almost always a nationally televised event. There is a reason for that.

CJH...you live in Minnesota and complain that you aren't getting enough Packer games televised in Minnesota....DUH!!!

Who cares if the vikings are the 2nd biggest rivalry? As a viking fan i would say the bears are the 2nd biggest rivalry behind the pack and i wouldnt want to see that rivalry gone either.

CJH...you live in Minnesota and complain that you aren't getting enough Packer games televised in Minnesota....DUH!!!

And if the Vikes weren't here anymore we would get all of the Packer games. Didn't think it was that hard to understand............ confused

I'll add one more Zepman, people that live in western Wisconsin that are subject to only twin cities media, only get vikings games if the two are playing at the same time. So how should that sit with Wisconsin residents?

There could be more Packer games on Minny tv in the next few years if you factor in the blackouts that will come when TJack takes the reins. wink

i wonder if the vikes stink it up all year if Ziggy will still want to move the team?

No need to worry your cheesebrains about that yet...

There's still 14 games left boys, and I believe they started 0-2 a couple years ago and finished 10-6. Just gotta be hot when you hit January.

it's only a rivalry to vikings fans, the bears are the packers rivalry for 90% of wisconsin.

Ahhh, how true. I grew up in Milwaukee and there was only one rivalry. We hated the Bears. We hated FIBs. The Lions and Vikings, oh yeah, they were in the division too. Then I moved to Minnesota and was wide-eyed and happy. Then someone asked where I was from. I said, "Wisconsin." He said, "So you're a Packer fan?" I said, "Yes." His response was, "You suck then."

THAT was my introduction to the Minnesota fans' hatred of Packer fans. Never in my life had I even thought that there was much of a rivalry here. It would be like strolling through the streets of Kansas City and finding out that Chiefs fans HATE your team. Why? Is there a rivalry? When did this happen?!?

Throughout the mid-to-late 1990s the Packer/Viking rivalry intensified though, so I'll give it credit as being more substantial these days. The whole Favre thing, IMO, permanently elevated the status of the Packer/Viking rivalry for all time.

On another note, I review the season results for each team back to 1980. The Vikings have started 0-2 six times (1981,1984,2001,2002,2005,2008) making the playoffs in 2008 equating to a 17% success rate at making the playoffs.

The Packers have started 2-0 six times (1982,1996,1998,2001,2007,2008) failing to make it into the playoffs only in 2007, resulting in a 83% success rate.

Why is everyone talking about the queens in a Packer thread. Who cares about that wannabe NFL team that even the Gophers could beat. And the Gophers suck!!!! I live in central Mn and I don't know 1 Vikings fan. Yeah some get on the bandwagon just like 99% of queen fans. Viking fans are nothing like Packer fans. All they do is whine and conplain. To me that's not a true fan, just a bandwagonier!!!

• 4 weeks later...