• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

keeping a peep from twisting

stifler51

zebra strings, g5 peep, loop. Seems like im always adjust my loop to keep the peep straight at full draw. ive tried setting the loop and sticking an allen wrench in it and pulling it tight but it works for a few shots. After awhile always ends up quartering away again.

Hey stifler,

probably not getting your D loop tight enough. My bow the peep sits facing 90 degrees from strait, but when i pull it back its perfect. Another thing you can do is bring it in to an archery shop and have them twist your string. Probably the best thing you can do is get it twisted, happens often and is an easy fix. Before i forget you can also try a speed stud by G5 you can slide them up and down ur string and it will adjust your peep some, but WILL slow down your bow even though they claim it will speed it up.

Good luck this season

Had the same problems this year. Pressed the bow, added twists to the string, swapped strands, moved the cat whiskers up an down the string. Got it close and then tied the d-loop so it was alligned with the peep at rest and that made it closer. Then moved the catwhiskers (my catwhiskers are between the strands) a little and finally...I have a circle vs an oval.

I use the rubber tube still. Always lines up perfect. It can be a pain in the butt, but it is always lined up perfect.

Me too. Everyone says you don't need the rubber tube anymore, yet everyone who doesn't use it has issues at one time or another. In 20 years of using the rubber tube I've never had an issue. It opens perfectly EVERY time.

the only bad thing is with the rubber tube is it slows your bow down. I did have a tube break once on me but like the other guys said just press the bow and add a twist or 2 to it and it should be fine. I think what happened was your strings streched and thats why your peep doesn't line up now .

So, I think nobody really addressed the issue and that is because your string is stretching. Unless you have a new string and its just breaking in, then your string is going to keep stretching and its going to be a constant problem until you get a new string.

Obviously I wouldn't make that change now, but it would be something I would consider in the off-season. A quality string will not stretch or rotate. After getting a new string my peep didn't rotate for 3yrs.

In the short term you can have a few twists added and tighten up your dloop. Long term the only thing that's gonna fix it is a new string. If your string is stretching then you're probably losing speed, changed your nock travel and depending on your bow, your bow could be out of tune.

powerstroke... i forgot to add, its a brand new bow lol laugh

New bows don't necessarily come with the best quality strings on them. You could try going with a different brand string and keep the one that came with the bow as a spare. Always good to have a spare string and a portable bow press to use in case you ever break it on a trip.

Was just going to say the same thing as Cheetah, it could be a poor string.. that said, if its brand new.. Dont even try to adjust it till you have 100 shots through it. Otherwise it will just keep adjusting.. Period.. Shoot 100 shots first.. then go for adjusting.

100 shots isn't enough. Between 200 and 300 shots and you will finally get your string "settled". This happen with "almost" every new bow. Once you get the string shot in bring it back to the pro shop and have them reset to peep and serve it in. Adding twists to the string to get the peep right will put your bow out of tune. Moving a few strands is the proper way to adjust a peep if it's a little off. Otherwise have your bowtech press the bow and reset the peep.

All name brand bows come with quality strings. To say the strings on a new Hoyt, Mathews or Bear bow are bad is ridiculous.

ill let it settle in a little more if it doesnt settle out ill bring it back in. My last bow never had a settle in time since it was sorta a handme down type thing. This is the first bow ive bought and bought new. And after dropping some cash on a Mathews Z7 i hope i wouldnt have to replace it with another string. Thats like buying a high end vehicle and having to replace the interior before u get it home.

Just shoot it a couple hundred times. My z7 was the same way. It's no big deal and an easy fix. We recommend this for every new bow and I've never failed to get the peep set. YOU DO NOT NEED NEW STRINGS. grin Not a big deal at all.

Just an fyi. I've dealt with just about every string out there. From factory to aftermarket. They stretch. End of story.