• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lions got effing robbed

goblueM

worst call i have ever seen

what more do you have to do to score a TD in this league? catch the ball with both hands, get 2 feet AND your butt in the endzone, all the while the ball is not moving?

what a load of [PoorWordUsage]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

• ozzie

• Cooter

The problem is the rule, not the call. By the rules, the call was right. They certainly need to change the rules because that was a joke.

There is a "cute" youtube video someone put up about this. I'd post it here, but let's just say that the language is a little, ummm, rough. grin

keyword: Calvin Johnson Robbed

i seen that play and the lions got robbed for sure. even with the rule, the guy had possetion of the ball at all times. he simply let go of the ball prior to getting up and left it on the turf instead of throwing it out in the stands. this call will now become famous in future games when a coach wants a replay. good luck.

worst call i have ever seen

what more do you have to do to score a TD in this league? catch the ball with both hands, get 2 feet AND your butt in the endzone, all the while the ball is not moving?

what a load of [PoorWordUsage]

X2

What a load of [PoorWordUsage]!!!

yeah the refs and the league got this call wrong

and the kleinsasser catch /non-catch wrong

and the AZ Cardinals late 4th quarter fumble wrong

all 3 of these were challended and they still got it wrong. There may be others i didnt see, but this is a bad opening weekend for the refs/review system.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Something is wrong with the NFL when everyone else sees what they can't. When it comes to review it's a [PoorWordUsage] shoot depending on which referees are viewing and making the call.

I agree Lions were robbed. Happens to every team though sooner are later when you are in a lot of close games. Well that is unloess you are the Steelers...they always get a lot of gifts from the refs.

Yeah I feel sorry for the Lions. That was a catch no matter what way you see it. Both feet down, rear end down. Touchdown PERIOD! It also cost me points in FF!!!!!! BTW, that Calvin Johnson Robbed video says it all!! Man was he ever MAD!!!!

The problem is the rule, not the call. By the rules, the call was right. They certainly need to change the rules because that was a joke.

100 percent correct!

Bet he doesn't do that again and hopefully all the players realize you have to hang on to the ball now.

I don't expect too many instances like this in the future after his bone-head play..

I thought Megatron was a Megamoron to be honest, every player knows the rules and he clearly didn't keep possession of the ball. Would of took 2 seconds to secure the ball instead of celebrating before you make the catch.

I thought Megatron was a Megamoron to be honest, every player knows the rules and he clearly didn't keep possession of the ball. Would of took 2 seconds to secure the ball instead of celebrating before you make the catch.

I'd have to guess if it had happened to your team your opinion might differ just a wee bit.

No, I watched that whole game and wanted the Lions to win. If a Vikes player did that I would of been way more [PoorWordUsage] though.

Who one hands a game winning catch on the way to the ground and lets go of the ball as soon as it touches the ground?

Everybody whining about Calvin Johnson's non-TD need to just put a sock in it. If that moron wouldn't of hot-dogged the catch and held onto it instead of trying to get it on the turf BEFORE his body was in a controlled position, all you Lions fans (Man, Lions fans have been at it longer with a lot less to show for it than even Raider fans) would of had their W. Blame nobody but that sorry-bootied Calvin Johnson and his hot-dogging ways. HE cost you that game, not the refs. He was a donkey-butt in college and he has been a donkey-butt throughout his NFL career. Good luck with him. And good luck to the Cowboys with the donkey-butt WR they drafted too.

I'd have to guess if it had happened to your team your opinion might differ just a wee bit.

So then if it was the vikes against the Lions they got the call correct and it was not a TD? Also he didn't just let the ball go, watch his hand closely he was gripping the ball and when the ball hit the ground it came out of his grip and his hand closes pretty quick like he wasn't letting it go and intended for the ball to be in his hand when he got up.

The Bears were on the other end of this call once before and was ruled incomplete.

The call was correct.

Wow Raider4ever that is a little harsh on the guy.....He went up caught the ball landed and as he was falling to the ground he braced himself with one hand and held the ball securley in the other hand.... he didn't try to loose the ball the ball just came out of his hands during the motion of him falling/rolling/getting up....it is a poor rule that was added last year I believe and now it cost the Lions a game and they will probably change the rule next year...the refs made the right call but I wish they could have made the wrong (right) call and gave Detroit the score.......and what did Johnson or Bryant do to you to make you hate them so much????

You ever watch them. They are hot-dogs and will cost their teams games. As a former player (not NFL, Juco only), this is enough. And yes there are other players that irk me.

So then if it was the vikes against the Lions they got the call correct and it was not a TD?

You must be mistaking me for a Queens fan. shocked Its understandable since I am kinda whining about that call and everyone knows whining is what Queens fans do best. wink The only way that call would be correct and not a TD is if it happened to a Queens receiver. wink

Have not seen very much out of the ordinary celebrations from either WR yet....they are both very young but C Johnson seems like he is a pretty decent guy and Dez Bryant besides being a little stupid (lying about interacting with Primetime, and the whole carring the pads issue) he seems to say the right things when being interviewed and seems to be making a good impression with the Cowboys....and what does you playing JUCO football have anything to do with anything???........oh and if you haven't watched the NFL for the last 10+ years both of these WR's are very tame compared to others.....

I'm just saying that I played and respect what other players do (i.e. O-Line) so Calvin Hotdog can cost his team a game. And if I had to absorb the beating O-Lines take during NFL pass-protection, I would be sorely torqued if some hot-dog wanted to do a dice-roll with the ball before the ref raised his arm.

Looks to me that he didn't "hotdog" it at all. His momentum carried his hand over and he lost control of the ball. Can you also see him after the call was upheld? Did he run around like an arrogant fool and whine and cry? NO, he smiled about it and shook his head and went about business. I am a Vikings fan through and through and I still think he was robbed. Call was right, but he was robbed.

Note the ref says 'After review the ruling on the field stands' - but right after the catch you can see the side judge raise both arms for a TD. Did any other officials make an initial ruling?

The ref that was staring right at the play called it a TD while another that was a ways away overruled him. Makes a lot of sense, don't it?

What I see after watching the replays last night is a common problem in sports and that's the desire to have all attention on oneself, yelling "Look at me...Look at me...Look at how great I am". If you notice on the video after he caught the ball, which he clearly did, he was already trying to roll over to get to his feet because he couldn't wait to stand up and start running his mouth and prancing around....look at me, look at me.

And yes, he did pout and cry when it was being reviewed, shaking his head that they would doubt how great of a catch it was.

The refs followed the rule, but there should be some common sense in interpreting the rule and the what the spirit of the rule is.

The other problem in this instance is the player (and I use the word player as in pretty much any player in any sport these days) who apparently is in desperate need for attention on every play. The jumping around and carrying on after every routine tackle or catch is ridiculous.

It's no different then the plays called back when a guy makes a catch in bounds but is bobbling the ball as he hits the ground out of bounds. It isn't a catch unless you catch the ball and maintain possession, Megatron didn't, plain and simple.

I know even when you play back yard football if a guy makes a catch but drops the ball when he hits the ground its incomplete. If you want to say its a catch then obviously he fumbled the ball and it went out of the back of the end zone for a touchback.