• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Your opening weekend FFL starters

james_walleye

Ok guys lets see your opening weekend lineups. Im starting my 12 man league title defense like this:

Eli Manning

Chris Johnson

Clinton Portis

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Brent Celek

Adam Vinatieri

Bengals D

well i have a few teams, but here's one of them

(10 team league on ESPN)

Aaron Rodgers

Ryan Matthews

Jamaal Charles

Arian Foster

Andre Johnson

Chad Ochocinco

Brent Celek

Eagles D

Jay Feely

I dont see Johnson repeating last year. AP has done it for how many years now? Safest play. He took me to a championship last year, i'd ride with him again.

So what happened with your #1 pick?? No AP?

Funny thing, i actually took some slack for taking Johnson over AP. The difference to me was when i looked at their schedules, especially down the road at playoff time. CJ plays Houston, Jax, and KC in what would be our playoffs and CJ's schedule overall looked much better.

Matt Ryan (whoops)

Jahvid Best (NICE)

Matt Forte (NICE)

Shonn Greene (don't know yet)

Randy Moss (eh)

Dallas Clark (not bad- 1 TD)

Rod Bironas

Philly D

Kevin Kolb

Maurice Jones Drew

Steven Jackson

Steve Smith(NYG)

Jacoby Jones

Antonio Gates

Jeff Reed

NYJ Defense

Seeing it is a PPR league, I should have started LeShaun McCoy instead of Jackson. Oh yea, and I probably should have started Austin Collie instead of Jacoby. Any QB besides Kolb would have been helpful as well. Good thing my opponent had some tough luck as well, but I will probably lose.

But in the fishing minnesota league it looks like I will nab a victory.

I have already won this week with the above guys, I am up by 8 and have Greene and my opponents done. Unbelievably a guy in my league started Arian Foster today- guy had a great game

What's unbelievable about starting Foster? I have him and didn't think twice about starting him behind CJ2K. Houston has that Denver running style (Kubiak) and executes it quite well. I'm not counting on 250yds/3TD's every week, but he should be a good #2/#3 RB if he stay's healthy and Kubiak doesn't lose his mind again like he did last year with Slaton.

wow, he was benched in that many leagues? they must not have paid attention in the preseason in those yahoo leagues

ESPN leagues he was started in 79% of leagues

i had him starting on every single team i have him on. 1) he's looked good so far in preseason 2) he was going to be the main back 3) it was the colts D

edit: just asked my buddy who's in a yahoo league, he said Foster was started in 61% of the leagues? not sure where you got that 90% number, it seems off regardless

TEAM #1, 2QB LEAGUE WITH IDP and Reception league

Shaub

Palmer

Wayne

Bowe

Owens

AP

Ronnie

Finley

W/R/T- Portis

Akers

Offensive Bench- Ricky Williams, Camarillo, Knox, Cassel,Carnell Williams

Beason

Posluszny

EJ

Kelly Gregg

Tuck

Winfield

Polamalu

Bench- Vilma, Finnegan, Timmons

Team #2, 12 man buddy league

Peyton

Andre

Ward

Floyd

Pierre Thomas

Ronnie

Celek

W/R/T- Portis

Akers

NYJ

Bench- Ricky, Larry Johnson, Cribbs, Sid Rice, Camarillo, Josh Freeman

Team #3, Yahoo Standard

Shaub

Jennings

Ward

Knox

Gore

Turner

Shiancoe

Akers

San Fran

Bench- Jamaal Charles. Pierre Thomas, Braylon, Camarillo, Sid Rice, Matt Cassel

Team #4 , Yahoo's Winner League going for the 4th win a row

Peyton

Marshall

Ocho

Bowe

MJD

Ronnie

Finley

Bironas

San Fran

Bench- CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, Sid Rice, Ricky, Alex Smith, Rob Gronkowski

It would be unbelievable not to start Foster. He was a stud in the preseason and is all the Texans have for a running back seeing Tate went down. Anyone that did not start him must not pay attention at all.

Team #3, Yahoo Standard

Shaub

Jennings

Ward

Knox

Gore

Turner

Shiancoe

Akers

San Fran

Bench- Jamaal Charles. Pierre Thomas, Braylon, Camarillo, Sid Rice, Matt Cassel

how the heck did you get Charles, Thomas, Gore AND Turner? wish i was in that league smile

TEAM #5, 16 TEAM BUDDY LEAGUE

Shaub

Ocho

Aromashadu

Pierre Thomas

Ronnie

Celek

W/R/T Carnell Williams

Buehler

Pitts

Bench- Sid Rice, Vincent Jackson, Housh, Hightower, Larry Johnson, Bradford

TEAM #6, YAHOO STANDARD

Brady

Andre

Wayne

Berrian

Jamaal Charles

Pierre Thomas

Finley

Bironas

Dallas

Bench- Housh,Vincent Jackson, Ronnie, Ricky, Portis, Carson Palmer

TEAM #7, YAHOO STANDARD

Peyton

Roddy

Percy

Owens

MJD

Charles

Gates

Buehler

Pitts

Bench- Malcom Floyd, Berrian, Thomas Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Ricky, Bradford

Team #8, Yahoo Standard

Brady

Andre

Colston

Owens

Steven Jackson

Ronnie

Finley

Buehler

Dallas

Bench- Addai, Ricky, Sid Rice, Dez Bryant, Bradford

how the heck did you get Charles, Thomas, Gore AND Turner? wish i was in that league smile

Yeah it was awesome lol, I had pick 10 in a 10 team league, everyone went with Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, all in the middle of the 1st so I got Gore and Turner back to back. Then still got Charles and Pierre as backups lol. I'm looking to trade one of my 4 nice RB's for a upper tier WR.

I have had Pierre Thomas the past 2 or 3 years, he is a fantasy headach and dream rolled into one. One week he will absolutely go off and then nada for 2-3 weeks

Forsure, he's to good to pass where you can get him in the draft though and they got rid of the other RB's that would steal touches beside Bush and he's not much of a goaline threat.

well I am down 20 with Boldin, Gates and Ravens D and the guy I play against has Floyd......1 pt per 10 yrds and 6 for td's and 1 pt for sack, int, fumble recovery....here is my team

E. Manning

Jones-Drew

Mendenhall

Boldin

P. Harvin

Gates

Phi K

Balt D

on my bench- D. Mcnabb, Dez Bryant, C.J Spiller, Braylon Edwards, I had drafted Javon Ringer and L. Maroney but dropped them and picked up P Hillis and M. Clayton....I think I am ok at RB since besides bye weeks they both are for sure plugs and #1 wr is good with potential in Bryant and Harvin (except wk 1..wow) I hope to drop McNabb and pick up F Taylor or even J Ringer back

Only doing one team this year, I got tired of cheering for and against the same player on the same day.

Here are my starters from this week plus bench. Its a ppr league with every touchdown worth 6.

QB - P. Manning

WR - R. Moss

WR - M. Colston

WR - A. Collie (not a bad week for a 14th round pick, not sure how I convinced myself to start him

RB - R. Brown

RB - J. Addai

TE - V. Davis

K - R. Gould

DEF - San Fran

Bench

Houshmanzdeh

K. Walter

S. Breaston

M. Barber

L. Tomlinson

C. Williams

I was the 10th pick out of 10 teams. I'm really hoping one or two of my RB's can reclaim some past glory. There just wasn't much value at RB when my picks came around.

i had a team with AP, Jonathan Stewart, Ryan Matthews, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Jermichal Finley and my team scored 35 points in an ESPN standard league

ouch! a lot of normally high-scoring, dependable guys laid fantasy eggs this week