• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1 Week

Rippinlip

It is almost here, almost exactly a week from now the wife and I will be getting up to head out to our stands to start the 2010 Whitetail pursuit!

We are both so looking forward to it!

Good Hunting to all..

so pumped! this will be my first year bow hunting. cant even wait

UH-OH.......an up and coming bowhunting addict!!! wink

so pumped! this will be my first year bow hunting. cant even wait

me too! I'm so excited. oct 2nd here for us in Virginia... luckily my advisor has 60 acres with 9 deer stands and he's letting us hunt out there provided we shoot a doe first

The food plot on the land I hunt is stacked with deer.

Mr. Drop Tine Buck from last year has been observed by the land owner several times in the last week.

I have added 3 stands in new locations this year.

I now have 5 to choose from.

I have 3 of my cameras up and the landowner has 4 up.

This buck has been on my mind since I saw him in August of 2009.

Saw him many times last year but he was never in range.

I am fairly certain I have his bedding area located, but he never seems to take the same path to the food plot.

I will not be able to hunt Saturday, I am involved in the Youth Waterfowl Day mentored hunt, but I plan on spending almost all day in the stand on Sunday.

RRR need someone to babysit that stand for ya? Sat one of mine tonight and nuthing. But put a new one up on my chisago cty property that had fresh BIG tracks after the rain stopped last night.

Man are the misquotos bad right now. Can wait till the first hard frost

I have hung 17 stands this year (i think?) was supposed to sit down and make a list of were they are all at but didnt get around to it yet. I just got another piece of property on friday that has not been legally hunted in almost twenty years I know that there is atleast 1 really good buck in the area I have seen him crossing the road twice this summer. Looking at the maps I think I will hang three maybe four stands there not really sure though I plan on going for a walk tomorow and try and do some long range scouting with the glasses to get a better feel for how they are using this woods I know there is one ridge top that I will stay away from untill the rut and then will hang and hunt the same day. I am starting to get the itch bad now. I also have to dig out my geaqr and sort through it and give the clothes a scent free bath. that should take up my free time for the next few days.

Cant wait! Was up on my property in wisconsin today making my last final arrangements before the opener! I will have a hard time sleeping this week with dreams of the bucks i've seen on cam all night long! Good luck to everyone. Cant wait to read the stories and see the pics of everyones success!

I need to finish washing up the camo in scent-free soap, hang them outside for a couple of days, finish suring up the backpack and the needs of the items inside.

Keep shooting 1-2 arrows with the broadhead on a day and by the way did I mention it is about 138 hrs away....... smilegrinlaugh

I can't wait either. I'm doing hopefully my last load of laundry since I forgot to wash and line dry a towel. Doesn't make much sense to wash up in scent free soap and then dry off with a scented towel.

been to long for me.

I'll be wearing blaze and taking the dog squirrel huntin.

Bunch of nice public land all around me.

Just can't decide on .22 or shotgun.

Seems like about three weeks ago i went from lake cabin mode to hunting mode!! Once the weather cooled off, the hunting itch came quickly!! I have my stands ready to roll, the clover plots are thick and green, and i have seen alot of deer with a few decent bucks but just today found a set of tracks that really got my heart pounding, tracks can be deceiving but to put an imprint like that in a gravel road should be a big deer!!

track

Can't wait either. Took my 6yo boy out, sat in my ladder stand and saw three does and a very close spike buck within 15 yards. This was his first sit ever and he will not stop talking about it now, he had to call both grandpas to tell them...I think he's hooked...5 days and counting!!!

mr

Well something came up and my bow season won't start until Sunday night, I try telling myself it's a long season but that doesn't seem to be working very well. Its going to be one very long work week plus an extra 1.5 days for this hunter.

RRR need someone to babysit that stand for ya? Sat one of mine tonight and nuthing. But put a new one up on my chisago cty property that had fresh BIG tracks after the rain stopped last night.

Man are the misquotos bad right now. Can wait till the first hard frost

With the luck I had last season the stand I pick to sit in will not be the right one.

Had it happen several times where I would choose a stand based on the wind and then watch Mr. Drop Tine practically walk under one of my other stands.

Had it happen several times where I would choose a stand based on the wind and then watch Mr. Drop Tine practically walk under one of my other stands.

You know I've had this happen and few times and it finally donned on me that when the wind is in my favor I'm not going to see that buck because he wants the wind in his favor. The bucks that don't learn that are usually shot right away.

All my clothes are on the line drying out for Sunday evening. Hopefully this will be THE year. I've said that for countless years now. It's bound to happen at some point, right?

Well something came up and my bow season won't start until Sunday night, I try telling myself it's a long season but that doesn't seem to be working very well. Its going to be one very long work week plus an extra 1.5 days for this hunter.

Bear - maybe you can keep an eye on the forum for us then while we are out hunting smile

hey, i can't go out until Oct 2nd here in VA... AND there is no Sunday hunting. i'm going to be dying here, especially since I just got my first bow and have a sweet spot to hunt

Re: 1 Week [Re: goblueM]

RumRiverRat

Sr HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: St Francis,MN The food plot on the land I hunt is stacked with deer.

Mr. Drop Tine Buck from last year has been observed by the land owner several times in the last week.

I have added 3 stands in new locations this year.

I now have 5 to choose from.

I have 3 of my cameras up and the landowner has 4 up.

This buck has been on my mind since I saw him in August of 2009.

Saw him many times last year but he was never in range.

I am fairly certain I have his bedding area located, but he never seems to take the same path to the food plot.

I will not be able to hunt Saturday, I am involved in the Youth Waterfowl Day mentored hunt, but I plan on spending almost all day in the stand on Sunday.

I carry 2 sometimes 3 guns, why not 4? That would be ostentatious.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson

isnt the youth hunt the 25th?