• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

started lab

Trout26

John Pesak does at Royalty British Kennel near Hinkley. Got my dog from him and it has been a truly eye opening experience.

I would say in the 1500-2000 dollar range for a started BRITISH !! Depending on how old the dog is and whether male or female!!

Sorry for the misinformation, John does have them form time to time. Wild Slough has nice dogs as well. My brother just got one there.

main reason is size. I like a smaller dog my dad used to have one the biggest he got was 63 pounds. But we had to put him down a couple years ago so now we are both looking at getting another one.

I don't think you have to limit yourself to British because of size. My ylw female is 2 yrs and tops out at a solid 50#. She is a fireball in the field and will still be going strong when others become bootlickers. She covers alot of ground like a shorthair and even points like one too.

I don't think you have to limit yourself to British because of size. My ylw female is 2 yrs and tops out at a solid 50#. She is a fireball in the field and will still be going strong when others become bootlickers. She covers alot of ground like a shorthair and even points like one too.

I would agree I currently have a nice little female that only checks in a 61 Pounds.

I would just like a British due to the tempermate, size and trainability.

I can honstely say I have not personally seen a "British" work.

So I could be disapointed as well.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I have worked with both. I love my lab and he's a joy to be around.

British labs are field trialed differantly so they typically are smaller, less agressive, quieter and better upland bird hunters. American labs typically make better waterfowl dogs. It's not always the case but is generally true due to the breeding.

Would I give up my american lab...NO WAY!!

NO luck in finding a dog yet. I was going to go look at one last weekend talked to the guy told him i was interested. The day before I was going to drive down there I called him and he sold it on me I was pretty mad. But I have called and emailed alot of people and they are either sold out or they want like 4500 dollars and thats too much for me to spend on a dog. So any more suggestions would be helpfull.

did you call wild slough??? I would honestly think about getting a pup if i was you!! It would be ready to hunt by next fall that way!!

Would I give up my 8 month old BRITISH LAB......NO WAY!!! wink

Ditto Gr8, I have a one year old and I would never give him up. After several American labs all of which good dogs I found to the puppy experience to be much more enjoyable with this dog. I have always bought my dogs form reputable breeders but this time around I developed a much greater appreciation for a breeder with a lot of experience and one that is in tune with his dogs. Prior to buying our dog the breeder explained various and many characteristics I would see in my pup. I passed it off as a sales pitch. I remember thinking, "yeah right, even if it is close to said behavior i will be happy". Well everything the guy told me came true. I was amazed, he nailed various traits in the dog. Many of which he put a time line on as well. The end result I trust the breeder, the dog was a breeze to train and is incredibly mild mannered until he hits the grass. He is a physical specimen and weighs a mind boggling 55 lbs.

I truly never plan on buying a started dog primarily because the puppy experience builds trust between dog and owner but the bond built between is amazing.