• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi all. So I guess It's my turn to ask sombody where the fish are. Has anybody fished Ann recently? Will be up in two weeks and want to kill some time on the water. Just a color choice would be excellent. Will be fishing for panfish and maybe some norts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm serious... any help... please don't make me beg..wait,..I already am.

well since nobody gave you a response i can only tell you this. i fish this lake on hard water more than now. if going after panfish, i dont see a problem. the area were the river comes in would be my go to place. gills and crappie are usualy there in open water and i go down the shore in about 10 ft on hard water. good luck.

Thanks Reinhard1. Thats exactly where I was going to go. So now I guess I would like to know if I can launch my 14ft boat. Access is out? Can anyone confirm this?

i was going to tell you to contact the bait shop in mora but i'm not sure of the name so i didn't want to give you wrong info but i'll take a guess that it's larry's baits by the lights were 23 crosses 65 in mora. hope it helps. good luck.

The access is finished it only holds no more than five cars imo it was a waist of money. And the bait store is called Jerry's bait. If you are going after bass Ann is a good choice. Good Luck and let us know how you did. Bring Beatle spins.

thanks for the post. 5 cars, wow it sounds like it shrunk. i realy like that lake for panfish on hard water. maby next year for bass also on open. good luck.

Don't forget there is catfish in them there waters.

My brother has a cabin on Knife, so are there any shore fishing opportunities, especially around the inlets/outlets?

I think I fished it one slushys late ice fishing trip. I swear your leg would sink a foot into the slush on top in some spots.

there is some shore fishing by the old landing of 47 but not much. you basicly need a boat on ann to get some action. good luck.

Fished yesterday from 8-2. I caught a few crappies but was very slow fishing. I was the first boat at the landing but when I left it was full. Where they trying to limit the amount of boats on the lake with the way thet designed the landing. By the way I kept 4 crappies to eat last night, yummy.

glad you had some luck. there are nice crappie in that lake and numbers. that boat landing was tight to begin with but i'm glad you had a chance to get out. good lcuk.

Wow what a weekend. Caught a 5.5lb Walleye on a bass spinner bait. 2 ft of water at noon!

also caught a "nice crappie" and some smaller ones whistle Not alot of fish... had to work really hard. Fished during the 19mph winds and rain but had fun anyways. Sun came out on Sunday. NOTHING was biting. Managed some small perch and little walleyes by the river.

great, nice walley. my friend was up north of duluth at a little lake we go to only in the fall and saturday he nailed the crappies and kept 30 [three people], and a few walleys. on sunday not a bite so you were not alone. i got a 11 lb walley once up at quamba in shallow watter like you fishing for crappies. she is still swimming i hope. thanks for the post. i'm waiting for hard water and then hit grinstone this winter hard. good luck.

Must be the area, because I caught a 24" walleye with a spinnerbait on knife. I was fishing for pike, so when it grabbed it and instead of running, went to the bottom and shook its head, I though I had a new personal best largemouth.

I also caught a walleye in about 6" of water on Moore Lake in Fridley. Of course it was small, but was still a surprise.

when i fish one of my favorite lakes up in duluth[boulder] i fish no deeper than 8 ft. all year long. it is a stained lake so you can get away with it[bog stained] and the best fishing is in the day. i would not go shallow on clear lakes but you never know. fish for bass and pow a walley. ann,knife, and quamba are shallow lakes on average and so is boulder up north, so chances of shallow watter walleys increase. same with moore. nice panfish in moore also. good luck.

I want to try bass fishing in Moore again. That is my childhood lake that I fished all the time. I also go into some catfish well over 10 years ago. If that group grew up and are still kicking, there are some big ones in there now.

two years ago i got some dandy sunnies and crappies out of there on hard water on the south end. good luck.

• 1 month later...

Ann kicks out some big crappies got a 16 incher last year durning ice season and alot of others 9 to 13 inches is average but also have seen a few at 14 inch range. Late ice it's a good lake.

I don't think so either? I've fished that lake every summer and winter for the last 30 years and there isn't anything like that happening, I don't care how good you are at fishing, those numbers just aren't gonna happen! Hand sized sunnies and crappies are more like it.

well ann lake near mora isn't any secret lake of any kind. it gets pressure on hard water. i would say with that said, it is a good panfish lake if you want a meal. i have never caught a crappi over 11 in. but most are between 8 and 10. nothing to complain about and there are some nice sunnies there also. i have had good days there and sometimes nothing. not much different than any other lake. good luck.

I agree I don't think he is talking about the ann lake down here. I fish it a lot and there is none of that here. Just a few for a meal and a lot of rough fish.