• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cabela's Advanced Angler Pro Series Tackle Bags

titelines

Question

All,

Just thought I'd toss this out for anyone interested.

I recently purchased one of these tackle bags (the Super Magnum size) and couldn't be more pleased. It came with 12 large storage boxes and has more than enough space for all my stuff (plus a lot of room to grow!).

Spent a few hours organizing all my stuff and feel like a new man. No more trying to untangle all my crankbaits and spoons. No more sifting through weights to get the one I need. No more taking the kitchen sink with me every time I go out. I can just throw exactly what I need in the boat and go.

I have 3 tackle boxes that will be in next year's garage sale.

7 answers to this question

I have the one a size down from yours and agree that it's a great bag. I did the same thing and consolidated a lot into a single bag. I think this is my third or fourth year with it and it's holding up fantastic with no signs of wearing out anytime soon.

Spent a few hours organizing all my stuff and feel like a new man.

I love that part of getting new tackle.

A couple of the deeper 3700 boxes work great for bags of Gulp or bags of senkos/worms/tubes/etc. You can pack a lot in them, and one deep one works better than two shallower ones for bags of items.

We have a couple different sizes of these, and one similar bag from some bass guy, and they work great. We often will not fill it full of boxes, but leave room for a raincoat, or a small cooler, whatever, so all you need is all in one bag, plus your rods smile

Are they waterproof?

Not totally, but I have left mine out in a few downpours and only a few drops of water are in the bottom. I've had mine for probably 4 years and except that it weighs a TON with all my cr@p loaded in it laugh .... I have zero complaints,

I've got one and love the thing, its the Medium I think. Absolutely been bulletproof and its gone everywhere with me.

Cabela's does make a line of waterproof bags as well and I'm going to pick up a couple for my crankbaits. Crankin' in the rain means drying out Plano boxes the next day so hooks aren't rusting. Less water that makes it into the bag, the better!